This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Graham Cracker Crumbs?

bmzob

bmzob Apprentice

Does anyone have any suggestions for gluten-free graham cracker crumbs? because for christmas my family always makes these reese balls....peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs rolled together and then dipped in chocolate. these are my absolute favorites and i don't know what i'm gonna do come christmas if i can't have these?! thanks....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Corkdarrr Enthusiast

I would try smashing up gluten-free cookies (shortbread) and using the crumbs.

jnifred Explorer

I made ginger cookies that ended up being way too crumbly, so I just crumbled them all up and they are in the freezer awaiting that very thing you mentioned.

IT was a mix from Grandma Ferndons. I think it was actually ginger snaps

gf4life Enthusiast

Health Valley makes a rice bran graham style cracker and it tastes very similar to a graham cracker, only they are much harder. But smashed up as crumbs they would work fine. You just need to smash them very fine, or grind them in a food processor or grinder. I buy them at Whole Foods.

You can also get them online at the Gluten Free Pantry and other stores:

Open Original Shared Link free.com/glu/showdetl.cfm...742&CATID=1

jnifred Explorer
Health Valley makes a rice bran graham style cracker and it tastes very similar to a graham cracker, only they are much harder. But smashed up as crumbs they would work fine. You just need to smash them very fine, or grind them in a food processor or grinder. I buy them at Whole Foods.

THOSE are really good!!! I forgot about them!!! Great Idea!!!

hannahsue01 Enthusiast

It is possible to make your own cramb crackers. My grandma makes gluten free graham crackers for herself and one of her granddaughters. I tasted them and they were pretty good. She had used them in a cheese cake crust.

Suzie-GFfamily Apprentice
Does anyone have any suggestions for gluten-free graham cracker crumbs? because for christmas my family always makes these reese balls....peanut butter and graham cracker crumbs rolled together and then dipped in chocolate. these are my absolute favorites and i don't know what i'm gonna do come christmas if i can't have these?! thanks....

I've used teff flour (available from Bob's Red Mill and also from the Teff Company) for apple pies and also pumpkin pie. The consistency of the pie crust is a little bit like a graham craker crumb base.

It might work to bake an unfilled pie crust (made from teff flour) and then crumble it.

Has anyone ever tried doing this?

Suzie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bmzob Apprentice
It is possible to make your own cramb crackers. My grandma makes gluten free graham crackers for herself and one of her granddaughters. I tasted them and they were pretty good. She had used them in a cheese cake crust.

is there any way you could get the recipe for the graham crackers for me?

Kibbie Contributor

I've used the envirokids vanilla gluten free animal cookies for things like cheese cake crust... they are very tasty, I'd try them.

StrongerToday Enthusiast

I've ordered "graham" cracker crumbs off the Knickiknick web site, they were pretty good.

skipper30 Enthusiast

Glad to see this posted!! My 4 year old has been begging me to make him cheese cake for Thanksgiving and I was wondering about the crust! Thanks for the ideas!! :D

hannahsue01 Enthusiast

Graham Crackers

Ingredients:

¾ Cup margarine

½ Cup honey

1 Cup brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1 ½ cups brown rice flour

1 ½ cups gluten free flour

2 Tbs. soy flour

1 tsp. xanthan

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. cinnamon

3 tsp. baking powder

½-¾ Cups water

Ingredients:

Mix honey, margarine, brown sugar and vanilla. In another bowl mix dry ingredients, stir in alternately with water till soft ball. Fefriderate for 1 hour or more. Roll 1.2 of the dough on parchment paper, shape to fit jelly roll pan. Transfer to pan, cut into three inch squares and poke holes in the dough with a fork. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Then repeat with second half of dough. Cool. You can make into crumbs and make graham cracker crumb pie crust.

Archived