This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Why Are You Going To Vote?

brendygirl

brendygirl Community Regular

I worked on the Rock the Vote campaign when I was in college. This was a cool link. Let me know if you make a video.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
I worked on the Rock the Vote campaign when I was in college. This was a cool link. Let me know if you make a video.

Open Original Shared Link

I could not display the site, but just a little advise here....sex is always funny here, religion and politics.......well, tread lightly. Ya know what I mean :o

But every one who has an opinion, should vote. :)

happygirl Collaborator

I won't be making a video but have already cast my vote (absentee ballot because of my move)...it is important to me to make sure that my voice is heard :D It's my personal civic duty to do so.

brendygirl Community Regular

Thanks for the advice (yep blondes can spell) about politics, but I don't agree that the word "vote" is a political divider and I don't like to joke or talk about sex. Even perrty blondes like me think about thangs besides sex.

Maybe we need a room for people 30 and under who want to discuss anything BUT Celiac Disease and sex. haha

If the link didn't work, just look up rock the vote or try pasting this into your address bar Open Original Shared Link

happygirl Collaborator

I don't believe that Momma Goose was implying that political discussions were bad or that any group is or isn't equipped to have that conversation. But, as learning from experience in being on this board for awhile, I believe Lisa was just giving you a friendly heads up that some people on here can get pretty fired up...then people take things personally...and people leave the board. Not to say at all that it would happen on this thread, but, the board's history has been rather interesting. We have lost some great members over non-Celiac related discussions. I believe many on here are trying to remember to "keep the main thing the main thing" which is Celiac. And we all love having other conversations.....trust me, I am a part of many of them!

Even the description of this topic area says, "Try to keep it light and avoid controversal topics" Many are trying to remember that we are here for support. Sometimes politics and religion can get in the way of that. I certainly hope that the board can handle these discussions. Many people just opt out of them now, because they know anything they say will get attacked. Some people believe that if people want to discuss controversial topics like that, there are "other" forums out there for those things. (I am not offering judgement or my opinion on the validity of peoples views, just trying to sum up many, many threads that have turned argumentative)

So, even though the past history of the board has included harsh comments, hurt feelings, and loss of valued members of the Celiac community (that take with them vast amounts of Celiac knowledge), she wasn't indicating that your post would have turned out that way. Just a note to let you know....I hope this explains it a little bit.

:D

Archived