1 reply to this topic

#1 zachsmom

zachsmom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:11 AM

I mentioned in the baby section I have a son... that has Non Specific Aultisum.... He is fine in school has all A's And B"s.... 9 years old.... I have read that the leaky gut is the intestine leaking gluten and causing the childrens problems.. My son told me that he has short term memory loss. like the fish ellen degeneres played in FINDING Nemo. Is this what the brain fog is .. I realize that each kid is differnt., BUt what have you guys found that eliminating certian things .. have made behavior better....

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

I suggest eliminating gluten and dairy for a while to see if this brain fog won't lift. There is plenty of evidence that this has helped many kids like your son. It certainly would be worth a try.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: