#1 jasoncolz

jasoncolz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:51 AM

hello :)

as part of my ongoing battle with gluten intolerance i am having bad reactions to sugar.i had a bit too much sugar at the weekend and now i am getting headaches the more i take.

1.could i have an intolerance to sugar (either fruit or raw ) or could it be that my villi are flattening with the extra sugar and not digesting properly

2.what tests could i do to find this out?

3.i have had a camera down in my stomach too look for bacteria, is it possible to do the same in the small intestine to check the state of my villi.

i will post some recent results that i have had so users of this board will understand what state my health is in.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:04 AM

I'm sorry, I do not have an answer for you--I do not know much about sugar.
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

#3 LjsCar

LjsCar

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:35 AM

I have heard of allergic reactions to sugar, mostly in relation to psychological health.

Here is a link I found that may be informative[/url] http://www.nancyappl...es/damages.html[/url]

#4 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:14 AM

Maybe you are hypoglycemic. Stop eating sugar, when you really crave it, eat fruit instead as it has nutrients to balance out the sugar in it. Refined sugar is very bad for you as you use up a lot of your body energy and nutrients to digest it, from what I've read recently. Try to eat a protein any time you eat a simple carb so that you have something longer lasting to take over when the sugar (even with the fruit) wears off, that way you won't have the dip in blood sugar. It's worth a try to see if it helps.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#5 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

Could candida be a possibility??? Doesn't that feed off of sugar and yeast? I could be completely out in left field with this. Just a suggestion.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#6 Simply_V

Simply_V

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

hello :)

as part of my ongoing battle with gluten intolerance i am having bad reactions to sugar.i had a bit too much sugar at the weekend and now i am getting headaches the more i take.

1.could i have an intolerance to sugar (either fruit or raw ) or could it be that my villi are flattening with the extra sugar and not digesting properly

2.what tests could i do to find this out?

3.i have had a camera down in my stomach too look for bacteria, is it possible to do the same in the small intestine to check the state of my villi.

i will post some recent results that i have had so users of this board will understand what state my health is in.

You could have reactions to the sugar. Most sugar is cane (in the USA) or corn (syrups n stuff). Both are in the same family as wheat, and gluten grains. Its possible that you're cross-reacting.
V
Severe airborne allergies since childhood. Was on constant antihisamines with behavior issues. Digestion issues started noticably around 1985.
1992 IBS diagnosis.
2004 Corn allergy - through diet discovery.
2005 RAST negative to all food allergies. High cholesterol diagnosed as PCOS.
2006 Immunolabs ELISA and IgE assay:
IgE to Corn, Milk, Eggs, & White Bean.
IgG to peppers, blk/wt pepper, beans, almonds, yeasts.
Neg. to Celiac, gluten, etc. High IgA level.
2008 No longer considered as having PCOS, or associated risks.

Currently avoiding corn, eggs, cow & goat milk, all beans (cept some soy derivatives & peanut oil), cruciferous veggies, onions/garlic, carrots/celery, anything bilberry/cranberry/blueberry, peppers, and anything remotely corn derived, corntaminated.

Currently off all allergy medications for airborne allergies and breathing fine.

#7 jasoncolz

jasoncolz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

[QUOTE}Could candida be a possibility??? Doesn't that feed off of sugar and yeast? I could be completely out in left field with this. Just a suggestion.{QUOTE}

i tried a candida diet about a week ago i felt better except when i had gluten(of course!!).i am wondering now wether i could have a gluten intolerance that triggered a yeast infection.this is possible acording to documents on the net.

[QUOTE]Maybe you are hypoglycemic. Stop eating sugar, when you really crave it, eat fruit instead as it has nutrients to balance out the sugar in it. Refined sugar is very bad for you as you use up a lot of your body energy and nutrients to digest it, from what I've read recently. Try to eat a protein any time you eat a simple carb so that you have something longer lasting to take over when the sugar (even with the fruit) wears off, that way you won't have the dip in blood sugar. It's worth a try to see if it helps.[QUOTE]

thankyou for this :) i will go cane sugar free next week, and will only have fruit sugars from fruits that have low levels .if this doesn't work i will try my candida diet with the medication supplied to me but this time i will leave out the gluten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: