#1 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

Hello all,

I haven't posted in ages. I'm traveling to Austria and Bosnia soon and am looking for a restaurant card in German and Croatian. Can anyone help?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jukie

jukie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:42 PM

Saw a link to this site in another thread and it looks like they have Croatian and German cards. Hope that helps!

#3 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 10:06 PM

I think Jukie forgot to include the link to that site. Here it is: http://www.celiactravel.com/restaurant-cards.html

The problem is, that the German cards have a very bad spelling mistake. They say "Lutenunvertraeglichkeit" instead of "Glutenunvertraeglichkeit". Which in English would be 'luten intolerant' instead of 'gluten intolerant'.

I did a google search in google.de (as the American didn't come up with anything other than the above, and it has a mistake), and found this, to print out yourself:

Gastronomie-Karte
Ich habe Zöliakie (eine Gluten-Unverträglichkeit) und kann deshalb aus medizinischen
Gründen keinen Weizen, Dinkel, Roggen, Gerste und Hafer essen. Auch alle daraus
hergestellten Produkte wie Teig und Teigwaren, Brot, Kuchen, Paniermehl sowie
mehlgebundene Saucen und Suppen darf ich nicht essen.
Reis, Mais, Hirse, Kartoffeln, Gemüse, Salate, Früchte, Fleisch und Fisch, Eier, Milch und
Milchprodukte sind erlaubt, ebenso mit Mais- oder Kartoffelstärke gebundene Saucen und
Suppen.
Besten Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

I like it, and it is accurate information.

Here is a link to that pdf file, it has a bunch of other languages as well. I think it's a Dutch site. http://www.glutenvri...zwitserland.pdf
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: