Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cilantro As An Antibacterial For The Healing Of Your Stomach

6 posts in this topic

I use a lot of cilantro and was interested in the health benefits of the herb. I looked it up and was surprised to discover it has been used for centuries as an anti- inflamatory, it aids in digestion and has antibacterial properties in it's oil that help kill the unwanted in your intestines! I have been using it for some years now and suspect that it is the reason why I've long had satisfactory health. Despite the Celiac, I felt my transition was smooth. Also, Cilantro aids in keeping a person regular. I wanted to pass this information along as I have been reading of many having troubles within their digestive tracts.

Here is my favorite recipe.

1 bunch of Cilantro

1 Quarter of a head of lettuce

1 Quarter of a head of purple cabbage

2 medium tomatoes (seeded)

2 tbs Olive oil

shake of garlic salt

Opt. 1 clove of diced garlic (some do not like the strong flavor of fresh garlic)

Chop all into small bits. Combine in a bowl. Toss with olive oil and garlic salt.

I use this in many wraps, with tortillas, nachos and as a side salad.

I prepare it nearly every day. Very mild taste.

Ads by Google:

I've got cilantro growing just outside my front door!

hm, sounds good, but I am not a huge fan of the taste of cilantro. anyone have good recipes that downplay the spice? I would love the benefit to my stomach!

I use a lot of cilantro and was interested in the health benefits of the herb. I looked it up and was surprised to discover it has been used for centuries as an anti- inflamatory, it aids in digestion and has antibacterial properties in it's oil that help kill the unwanted in your intestines!

It's also a chelator...helps pull toxic metals (lead, mercury, aluminum, etc) out of your system. It doesn't, however, flush them from your system...you need garlic for that. So this wrap mix sounds like a good healthy flush for people with metal sensitivites too. ;)