This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dehydration

Lister

Lister Rising Star

so i started to do research again to find some aid for my symptoms since its been 6 months now and the doctors still have not gotten any were besides ruled out some more stuff. but i was looking up some of my symptoms or in general problems with myself ( constant dry saliva, always very very cold, i get dizzy when i stand up, i black out sometimes when standing up, panic/axiety attacks, dark urine) and webmd, has all of those problems listed as dehydration problems.. so i have a moniterd water intake, i drink a full bottle of propel (full of water) every hour about 10 times a day thats alot of water, so what besides not drinking enough, could cause dehydration that would also cause stomach pains that burn and gurgle burn and gurlge

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Are you getting enough electrolytes? To cure dehydration they add about 7 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. salt to a quart of water. Maybe try that to see if it helps.

It can also be adrenal fatigue. Google adrenal fatigue and adrenal burnout and see if it sounds like your problem.

I was wondering how you were doing, I hadn't seen you around here lately.

Lister Rising Star

yeah i gave up on getting myself worked up into a tizzy all the time on the website desided to go start living life, figured if im not dead by now (6 months later) then whatever this is not gonna kill me so i gave up on worrying, but now im finally getting sick of feeling like this all the time, its gotton so bad that when my stomach starts to act up you can see the spot below my ribs buldge up and i have to push on it and it makes a bunch of squirting noisis, this continues until i eat or until i pass gas, its painfull(burns) and is really strange and they are starting to get stronger now so i figured i should try to figure it out again

CarlaB Enthusiast

Well, the lower stress about all this sure makes you sound better, you have to be feeling better on some level! It's tough ... I'm still trying to figure out how to get better, too.

Lister Rising Star

oh i also got a entrolab test done it was the cheapist one, but it came back negative for signs of celiac disease so i really am clueless at this point,, still have not gotten near gluten but im starting to get more tempted by things that may have cc issuses (newmans makes gluten free fig nutetens now*but on same line as others*)

CarlaB Enthusiast

If Enterolab came back negative, it sounds like you don't have a problem with gluten. Given your other symptoms, you might find that adrenal fatigue plays a role. The standing up and blacking out, dizziness, cold, anxiety, etc. can be from dehydration, but can also be from adrenal fatigue. It can even cause digestive problems. I'm glad to hear you got the Enterolab tests to start getting some answers.

Mandy F. Apprentice

Has your doc considered Sjogren's Syndrome? I don't know a ton about it bue I just found out that I may have it (from an ANA test). I looked it up and dry eyes and dry mouth are two of the primary symptoms, but there are a TON of other symptoms including joint pain, dizziness, and being cold. I don't have any other advice, but good luck!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

gah those online md things need to be removed from the internet because of people like me, was searching for answers again and it really sounds like i have Transient ischemic attack's alot- like aparently its a sing you may have stroke soon, but there discriptioon seems just like my dizzy spells i get alot of the times... but like i said could be dehydration even though i drink so much water i pee every 10 minutes but whatever

Lisa Mentor

Lister:

How about a Hiatal Hernia. You said sometimes it bluges out below your lungs and you have to push it is and it makes a gurgle sound. I have the same thing.

Also, if your are drinking all that water, your washing all the good stuff out of your body. And go to the drug store and get some B-12 pills. That was the cause of my dizziness.

One way or the other, we're gonna get you well. :P

Lisa

CarlaB Enthusiast

I was at Starbucks this morning chatting with of all people an infectious disease doctor. Given that you have had severe weight loss and were thought to have celiac symptoms but do not have the disease, what he told me may apply to you. Have you been checked for Whipple's disease? This is way out there, but apparently it shares many symptoms with celiac but is bacterial.

Archived