This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Tried It! Manna From Anna...

MichelleC

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Oh I made my Manna by Anna in an old bread machine too... mine is an old Panasonic and the mix by Anna is actually too much for my small loaf thing in the bread machine... so... here is what I do:

I put it all in the bread machine loaf thing and mix it up just like it says... I put it in the machine and set it on the white cycle which is 4 hours long (2 rises) I set a separate kitchen timer for 2 hours and catch the bread on a rise... by this time its risen above the top of the pan to the bread machine top. I take out some of the risen dough at this point and pop it into the english muffin rings I bought. I put them in the oven and cook them separately. In 2 more hours my loaf in the bread machine is done.

So the final tally is: one loaf and 4 english muffins from the one package of mix. This bread is great and I'm limiting myself on how much of it I eat and how often because since going gluten-free I've lost 8 lbs and I don't want to gain it back!!

Susan

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kactuskandee Apprentice

Thanks sooo much.....I'm not going to sell my old bread machine short then, and try it...but just like you did Susan, and make a couple English muffins with the excess.

Oh wait, come to think of it, the old bread machine WAS, in the past used to make wheat bread for company...I'll bet it's cross contaminated, huh?

One more question:

Which kind did everyone buy? I believe I'll have to get the dairy free since I have trouble with dairy.

Anyone tried both, and if so, is there a difference?

Think I may start out with a case first since they say it lasts 2 years on the shelf..I suspect that's the life of the yeast, don'tcha think?

Thanks,

Kandee (not needing to OD on it either since I need to drop about 15 lbs. and you set me down with a good gluten-free loaf of bread and jar of jam and I'm gone :unsure: ....LOL)

Archived