Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

A Few Questions For People With Corn Issues Also......

4 posts in this topic

I am on a veggie, meat, fruit diet only with water to drink. Simply V, is one I know :) who has helped me out the last few days regarding chicken. Now Im wondering about veggies and fruit. I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off. Is there any other fruits I have to be careful of? Are frozen veggies okay also?

Thanks for all your help :)

Ads by Google:
I am on a veggie, meat, fruit diet only with water to drink. Simply V, is one I know :) who has helped me out the last few days regarding chicken. Now Im wondering about veggies and fruit. I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off. Is there any other fruits I have to be careful of? Are frozen veggies okay also?

Thanks for all your help :)

You're going to have yoru best luck with getting corn-free advice by going to

Delphi - Avoiding Corn Forum

There is a list of corn-free foods there (you'd have to check them for gluten-free, but its a place to start).

I'm fairly new to dealing with corn allergy and I don't have answers to your questions - but I'm going to stick around and see what the more corn-savy people have to say. However, I would think frozen veggies would be safe unless there's somethiing in the packaging. I have been eating frozen veggies with no problem, but then, I'm not super sensitive.

I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off.

I'm glad to know that I've been doing something right. I've peeled apples for years because I don't like the thought of what's under that wax coating that the fruit growers didn't wash away, like pesticides. Now I see that I did myself a favor because of what's in the wax!

Thanks V- I'll check it out this weekend.

Valda-I have always peeled them off too since I didnt like the thought of pesticides. I'll have to check and see on the other forum. I know with fresh chicken it was used as a preservative and not listed on the packaging. I'll let you know.