arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

- - - - -

A Few Questions For People With Corn Issues Also......

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AutumnE_*

Guest_AutumnE_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

I am on a veggie, meat, fruit diet only with water to drink. Simply V, is one I know :) who has helped me out the last few days regarding chicken. Now Im wondering about veggies and fruit. I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off. Is there any other fruits I have to be careful of? Are frozen veggies okay also?

Thanks for all your help :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Simply_V

Simply_V

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I am on a veggie, meat, fruit diet only with water to drink. Simply V, is one I know :) who has helped me out the last few days regarding chicken. Now Im wondering about veggies and fruit. I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off. Is there any other fruits I have to be careful of? Are frozen veggies okay also?

Thanks for all your help :)

You're going to have yoru best luck with getting corn-free advice by going to

Delphi - Avoiding Corn Forum

There is a list of corn-free foods there (you'd have to check them for gluten-free, but its a place to start).
V
Severe airborne allergies since childhood. Was on constant antihisamines with behavior issues. Digestion issues started noticably around 1985.
1992 IBS diagnosis.
2004 Corn allergy - through diet discovery.
2005 RAST negative to all food allergies. High cholesterol diagnosed as PCOS.
2006 Immunolabs ELISA and IgE assay:
IgE to Corn, Milk, Eggs, & White Bean.
IgG to peppers, blk/wt pepper, beans, almonds, yeasts.
Neg. to Celiac, gluten, etc. High IgA level.
2008 No longer considered as having PCOS, or associated risks.

Currently avoiding corn, eggs, cow & goat milk, all beans (cept some soy derivatives & peanut oil), cruciferous veggies, onions/garlic, carrots/celery, anything bilberry/cranberry/blueberry, peppers, and anything remotely corn derived, corntaminated.

Currently off all allergy medications for airborne allergies and breathing fine.

#3 ArtGirl

ArtGirl

Winter Forest - watercolor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:06 PM

I'm fairly new to dealing with corn allergy and I don't have answers to your questions - but I'm going to stick around and see what the more corn-savy people have to say. However, I would think frozen veggies would be safe unless there's somethiing in the packaging. I have been eating frozen veggies with no problem, but then, I'm not super sensitive.

I heard the wax on apples can have corn in it. I have been washing and peeling the skin off.

I'm glad to know that I've been doing something right. I've peeled apples for years because I don't like the thought of what's under that wax coating that the fruit growers didn't wash away, like pesticides. Now I see that I did myself a favor because of what's in the wax!
Valda
Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance
other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca
Hypoglycemic
Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)
Living a healthier, happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

#4 Guest_AutumnE_*

Guest_AutumnE_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:55 AM

Thanks V- I'll check it out this weekend.

Valda-I have always peeled them off too since I didnt like the thought of pesticides. I'll have to check and see on the other forum. I know with fresh chicken it was used as a preservative and not listed on the packaging. I'll let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: