Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

New

7 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Laura and I'm 17. I have been Celiac free for 7 months and have met only one other teenager with the disease. I was hoping to find some people who could empathize with me. Any takers?

Ads by Google:

I'm 13.......have been on diet for 6 months.....there are a lot of teens here with celiac disease, particularly 17-20 year-olds.

I keep hearing that everywhere but I never see anybody. I met one person that has the disease that is under 40 and that was last week. I just am tired of feeling alone. I live in a small town in California and for the size of it I know a lot of celiacs. Unfortunately, none of them are anywhere near my age. I just feel lonely. :(

HELLO!

I have that problem here. The closest I can get ti "meeting" people my age with this is on-line. Maybe if you ask around your support groups or just keep looking you will find someone.

Kristina

WELCOME to the board!

Thanks Kristina. As far as I know there is no support group in my town but it is nice to read around on this website and see so many posts that I can agree with. Especially those referring to people's reactions and the constant explaining. It's nice to know that people understand, even if they are only on the computer. :D

I have been diagnosed since I was 20 months old, I am 14, what part of California do you live in?

Hi! I live by LA in a town named Bakersfield. Where do you live?