4 replies to this topic

#1 KrisT

KrisT

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:54 AM

Yesterday my 6 yo daughter suddenly broke out in an all body rash. She started with itching on her back and that instantly developed into tiny red bumps (not very bumpy only slightly raised) all over her entire body. She is extremely itchy! I gave her Benadryl through the afternoon and night and she woke up still covered and itching.

She has not yet been tested for GI, but I am GI. She was eatting a key lime pie that had been made with a gluten-free crust, but she is not eating gluten-free regularly since she hasn't been tested yet. We have had the same detergents, soaps, products, for several months now. My immediate thought was that it was something in the pie and she was having hives... but this isn't a hive rash. There are no swollen blotches, only tiny itchy bumps.

Does DH ever present this way with sudden onset? One of the medical sites I was reading on rashes said that her symptoms were most likely DH and did not match with ther skin rashed listed.
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#993399]
1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts
1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill
2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned
2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms
6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis
8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:22 AM

it sounds like the allergy rashes I get... sometimes I never find out what set me off, it's usually something I ate or if I hugged someone with a fragrance or lotion on that I'm allergic to... I used to take Zyrtec daily, but now I just take Benedryl when it happens... I wish I was more help to you, I can only commiserate and say that it's just as much a puzzle to me...

#3 Budew

Budew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:40 AM

I agree it sounds like allergies. The 2 things I have pinpointed that cause me to break out all over are iodine and white potato. Benedryl did not help with either of these.

#4 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:31 AM

I am new to the board.

Have tried to be gluten free for over 10 years. Suddenly, I have been breaking out in rashes too.

The one around my mouth may be from toothpaste. So tried to just lcean with baking soda until I can get to the store to buy a gluten free paste.

Thanks for the posts.

#5 KrisT

KrisT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:28 PM

I'm not positive, but I think that Pascalite tootpaste would be gluten free. I love pascalite for its amazing healing properties! We use it all the time.

My daughters rash is still slightly visible, but after 24 hours the itching had stopped. Its definitely a food alergy, I just don't know what triggered it.
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#993399]
1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts
1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill
2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned
2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms
6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis
8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: