3 replies to this topic

#1 e&j0304

e&j0304

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:36 AM

Just wondering if these soups are ok or not. The labels look fine to me and they only say "May contain Soy" but when I called the 800 number I couldn't get a "live person" to answer a question. Has anyone ever tried these? I'm looking for some canned soup with meat in it for my kiddos.

Thanks in advance!
Shannon

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 e&j0304

e&j0304

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

Anyone?

#3 Corkdarrr

Corkdarrr

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:06 PM

Well I checked the Healthy Choice website...they don't give any allergen information.
I would suggest calling the company again or emailing them just to be sure.

It is, however, a ConAgra product. Which, if I remember correctly from reading on this board, is one of the trusted companies that will divulge such information. Perhaps someone else can confirm that memory?
Either way, I'd definately contact the company to be sure.
And then let us know what you find out!

Courtney
Courtney - 25
Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006
Casein-free since October 16, 2006
Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.
Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006
Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993
Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06
Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

#4 snwoods.designs

snwoods.designs

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

I just found out personally that the Healthy Choice soups are not Gluten Free. I read in another forum that these soups from Healthy Choice were Gluten free:
  • Split Pea
  • Bean with Bacon
  • Chicken with Rice
  • Country Vegetable

I bought Chicken with Rice and Country Vegetable. Within minutes of eating both soup (I spilled most the first one coming out of the microwave so made both), I was sick :( . It's been two days and I am still not all the way back to normal. I wrote the company and this was their response:

"Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee that our products ingredients are gluten-free, since the source of an ingredient may change from time to time. We understand how difficult it can be finding foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet, and we continue to look for ways to meet the dietary needs of our consumers.

Please be aware that although ConAgra Foods cannot certify products to be gluten-free, we can assist you by affirming that a product has been formulated without commonly known gluten containing ingredients. The flour used in our products is often wheat flour and should be avoided by individuals with gluten sensitivities. Some fermented or distilled products, such as vinegar, may be derived from wheat. We suggest you speak with your physician to determine if you need to avoid distilled products derived from wheat, rye, barley, or oats. We always advise consumers who may have sensitivities to recheck the ingredient list on each package. Products are oftentimes reformulated and the ingredients may change. If Natural Flavors, Artificial Flavors, or Spices listed in the ingredients list contain wheat, oat, barley, or rye, these ingredients would be listed in parenthesis immediately following the ingredient."

It's good to know ... I don't think we should eat soup unless it clearly states it is gluten free.. .or we make it ourselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: