Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten During Preg For A Non-celiac W/celiac Kid

2 posts in this topic

I have not been diagnosed with Celiac-- but my husband has. I have a 2 year old that was diagnosed with Celiac at 18 months-- we are still struglling to get the gluten-free diet "right." She was born only 5 lbs and 10 ozs-- I had gluten during the pregnancy (did not even know about Celiac yet!)

I am pregnant again and unsure if I should be gluten-free during pregnancy as there is the possibility that my unborn baby is also gluten-sensitive. Does anyone know if gluten could affect the baby's growth in utero if it turns out that the baby also has Celiac-- even if it does not affect me?

Does this even make sense??

Help!!

Ads by Google:

I don't know about while you a pregnant.. it can't hurt.. but I can tell you this. If you plan to breastfeed I would go gluten free while doing it. My son startted showing a sensistivitiy to the things I ate and would projectile spit up.. as soon as I took wheat out of my diet he stopped doing that .. when I messed up there he went again.

So there's a caution there.

Again it sure can't hurt to be gluten free during your pregnancy but I would consult your doctor.. in the end follow what you feel is the right thing to do. That is what I am doing despite the dismissiveness of a prominant GI doc about my baby's symptoms.