2 replies to this topic

#1 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:12 PM

As you probably already know (or at least from my signature), my body is showing signs from gluten intolerance, yet I don't have full-blown celiac (at least yet). My fiance and I have a wedding coming in November and I still need to get some other GI conditions ruled out before I go gluten-free... but, I just had to share this because I know you all would understand how precious this is... at the first of the year, we're going to join the WMCA and my fiance told me that he would like to try the gluten-free diet with me! He's never been tested for celiac, but has many of the symptoms and he's willing to see if this would actually make him feel better as well. Of course, he'll be going to the doctor to get tested beforehand... just for diagnosis purposes. My family has been really strange about this whole intolerance thing, but it really is so comforting to have such a supportive companion. This was more support than I was expecting.. and at the same time he'll be helping his own body. :D

Gretchen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 XoHeatherxO

XoHeatherxO

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:04 PM

Gretchen, that is so great! My boyfriend of 2 years has been my number 1 supporter in all of this to and it makes it sooo much easier. He is far from gluten-free but he has his favorite gluten-free foods now!!
[SIZE=7]Heather Ann
"Life is not about finding yourself....it's about creating yourself"
*Silly Yak*

#3 jaimek

jaimek

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:18 PM

I agree it is great to have someone who is so supportive. I too have a wedding coming up and my fiance now eats practically all gluten-free since I was diagnosed. We are even having two seperate cakes at the wedding. One for all the guests and a gluten-free one for the two of us to feed to each other. Hopefully I will not have any problems at the wedding, but I agree with you guys, it makes life so much easier when you have loved ones by your side!!!! :D
gluten-free since 2/6/04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: