2 replies to this topic

#1 AJHT

AJHT

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

Hi - I am relatively new to this site (posting at least) and just wondered if anyone else had a similar problem. I have been gluten-free for seven months with no problems until recently. Within the last few weeks, I've noticed that I've become extremely lactose intolerant.

I always knew that milk and dairy products occasionally upset my stomach so I would stay away. Now, if I have just a little bit of dairy, I feel extremely unwell.

I'm confused because I thought going gluten-free would probably help the lactose intolerance. Perhaps it's coincidence, but I just wondered if anyone else had a lactose intolerance worsen after going gluten free.

I appreciate anything you can share!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lindalee

lindalee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:33 PM

Hi, Yes, I have been off dairy for a while to help with the healing and thought I could sneak a little in and I found out it was too early. Congestion and tiredness followed so I just gave my good cheese away. Believe me it wasn't worth it!

I learned early from this super group that staying away from dairy and soy would benefit my stomach. I also avoid many other foods until my immune system is back to good health. For me I avoid night shades, beans, all dairy except yogurt, sour cream and cottage cheese, I also avoid corn and sugar.

Hope you feel better :)
Lee

#3 sonja69

sonja69

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:26 AM

hi!

I am stillin the pre-diagnosis phase but have been diagnosed as lactoseintolerant in summer 2004 and negative in summer 2006.
still confused, but sometimes I think I can eat dairy without problems, sometimes not...
maybe if one is not primarily (genetically) intolerant but secondarily through celiac, the amount and production of the enzymes vary and thus the consequences.

Sonja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: