Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Pork Digestive Systems Of Pigs... Does It Remove Gluten?

• Please log in to reply

101 replies to this topic

#16 2kids4me

2kids4me

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

so why are cows okay? They carry zoonotic disease ann are the source for E Coli food poisoning ?

You are more likely to get sick from unpasteurized apple juice, lettuce, celery, eggs or improperly cooked chicken then you are from pork.
So far, I have only seen biblical references for the pig's digestion being "unclean". I see no anatomy sites to show the pus canal (which does not exist).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 2kids4me

2kids4me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

i read the link and I realize these are dietary laws of a religious group.

This made cows, goats, sheep, deer, etc. edible

Deer carry a number of parasites - the liver fluke being one of them, they also harbour chronic wasting disease (a variant of BSE), goats will eat garbage, sheep carry scrapie.... if someone wants to follow a dietary program for any reason - go for it.
But please make the information correct. Pigs and shell fish are not the only scavengers and "western culture" follows these laws, but other cultures would not touch a cow because they are sacred in their eyes. To each their own.

#18 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

In contrast, David Meinz summarizes the potential health risk of eating creatures the Bible classifies as unclean. "Almost all of the creatures on the unclean list are scavengers," he notes. "In many cases they don't hunt for their own food; they eat the dead and decaying matter of our environment. A catfish does that at the bottom of a pond; lobsters and shrimp do it in the ocean. A pig will eat anything. Vultures, almost by definition, are known for their scavenger habits" (Meinz, p. 225).

Dr. Russell notes that "the differences between clean and unclean animals appear to be related to their primary food source and to their digestive systems. Scavengers that eat anything and everything are not suitable for food, according to the Bible. Animals described as clean, and therefore good for food, primarily eat grasses and grains.

". . . [But] note that an animal doesn't have to be a scavenger to be unclean. Horses and rabbits, for example, are unclean because they do not have split hooves. Although they are considered to be good food in some countries, studies have shown that horse meat often contains viruses and parasites. Rabbits, as innocent as they appear, are the cause of tularemia (an infectious disease) in humans.

"One reason for God's rule forbidding pork is that the digestive system of a pig is completely different from that of a cow. It is similar to ours, in that the stomach is very acidic. Pigs are gluttonous, never knowing when to stop eating. Their stomach acids become diluted because of the volume of food, allowing all kinds of vermin to pass through this protective barrier. Parasites, bacteria, viruses and toxins can pass into the pig's flesh because of overeating. These toxins and infectious agents can be passed on to humans when they eat a pig's flesh" (Russell, p. 76-77).

Poison on a plate?

Dr. Russell's supporting evidence for his views isn't for the faint of heart. He writes: "In the United States, three of the six most common food-borne parasitic diseases of humans are associated with pork consumption.

These include toxoplasmosis, taeniasis or cysticercosis (caused by the pork tapeworm Taenia solium) and trichinellosis . . .

"It has long been recognized that the meat of shellfish-shrimp, crabs, lobsters, etc.-is especially dangerous. Many illnesses, including instant paralysis, devastate some people every day as a result of eating shellfish.

"The largest cholera outbreak in the United States occurred in Louisiana from August through October 1986.

(The symptoms of cholera are explosive diarrhea, leading to rapid dehydration, unconsciousness, hypotension and death.) What did the stricken people eat? The incriminating meals were found to include rice noodles with shrimp, pork, vegetables, mussel soup, pig blood coagulated with vinegar, and salty brine shrimp with mixed vegetables.

"Shellfish can be placed in a body of water that is contaminated with cholera bacteria, and they will purify the water. Shrimp, oysters, crab, scallops and mussels are particularly efficient at this. They filter large volumes of water every day. Sewage laden with chemicals, toxins and harmful bacteria, parasites and viruses become concentrated in those shellfish. The cause of cholera outbreaks in several areas has been traced to contaminated shrimp, crab, oysters and clams.

". . . Reading all this, you might not be surprised to learn that the state Legislature of California proposed a law requiring the food industry to label shellfish with a message warning: 'This food may be dangerous to your health.' Why? In a single year, 50 deaths and many hospitalizations were found to have been caused by eating shellfish" (Russell, pp. 78-79).

What purpose do they serve?

If such creatures weren't designed to be eaten, why did God create them? Dr. Russell explains: "For one thing, they serve a useful role just cleaning up the place. Many unclean animals, however, notably pigs and shellfish, are unhealthy because their diet consists of society's disease-laden refuse.

"As is well known, pigs will eat anything and everything. They were designed to clean up decaying flesh and pollution. Pigs have eaten Philadelphia's garbage and sewage for more than 100 years, saving the city $3 million a year in landfill costs. This is a wise use of hogs. They are designed to clean our environment.
"Even when stacked in cages, piglets thrive on offal when only the pig in the top cage receives food. Farmers have increased their profits by feeding free raw sewage to pigs. Chicken farmers often keep a hog so they can dispose of dead chickens without having to bury them" (Russell, p. 81).

Some species of fish and shellfish perform a similar role in an aquatic environment. Dr. Russell notes that "among commonly eaten fish, catfish . . . always show the highest levels of contamination in chemically polluted water. After chemical spills, local fishermen are warned not to eat catfish.

He cites the example of a peach farmer who sprayed his trees with pesticide, only to have a rainstorm quickly wash the chemicals off the trees.

"The rainwater containing the recently applied insecticide ran into his pond," he writes. "The catfish did their job, cleaning the water by sucking up the pesticide; but because of their efficiency, most of them floated to the top of the pond dead. None of the fish that had fins and scales died" (ibid.).

Even commercially raised catfish are a potential health risk, he notes. "Consumer Reports tested fish bought in multiple markets in the United States. Fish are considered spoiled when bacteria counts are greater than 10 million per gram of flesh. Nearly all catfish had counts that went off the scale at 27 million per gram, even when properly prepared" (ibid.).

Dr. Russell's conclusion ". . . Although swine help clean the earth, and shellfish and catfish are ideally designed to purify the water, we don't want to eat what they clean up!" (ibid.)

In light of such seldom-publicized facts, we can better understand and appreciate God's words through Moses: "Observe and obey all these words which I command you, that it may go well with you and your children after you forever, when you do what is good and right in the sight of the LORD your God" (Deuteronomy 12:28).

For further help...
If you have questions or comments about the application of biblical food laws to Christians, please write to info@ucg.org. Our staff will be glad to assist you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#19 2kids4me

2kids4me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

And.... why, do you suppose, they have to give cows (don't know about pigs) the antibiotics???? Because they are kept in feed lots where they stand around in piles of manure for what, several months?, while they eat hormone-rich food to fatten them up.

Not all animals being fattened for slaughter bide their time in feedlots. The antibiotics is added to feed:

Antibiotics are often routinely included in animal feed. The medication is included routinely, firstly because it prevents the spread of diseases when animals are kept in crowded conditions, and secondly because animals which take antibiotics grow more rapidly. The antibiotics appear to be able to increase the efficiency of the animals' digestion. So antibiotics give farmers an economic advantage by producing rapidly growing animals without the need for extra feed.

http://www.foodcomm...._antibiotic.htm

Sweden has the right idea: In 1986, Sweden opted to ban antibiotics from routine use in animal feed, reducing overall tonnage of antibiotics used by forty percent. Antibiotics are only given to farm animals for curing disease and after a veterinary prescription. Furthermore, Sweden claims to be the main European Union producer of salmonella-free chickens.

#20 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:18 PM

As I stated earlier, I did not decide not to eat pork based on religious beliefs.. my own, that is. I was talking with a jewish friend about dietary restrictions due to my celiac. I also avoid dairy, sugar (mostly), msg and soy. We were talking about her diet. One thing she never eats is pork. At teh time of our discussion, I had two packages of pork chops in my freezer, bacon and sausage as well. I liked pork.

I remember what I had, because I gave it to my neighbor who said she had NO Problem eating pork!

So it's not biblical. I was only wondering if indeed gluten could get into the flesh of the pork due to it's natural inabi.ity to properly digest foods allowing toxins to enter the flesh. I thought it was a valid reason for avoiding the meat, but am also very repulsed by the facts I've learned.

I read a rather dry book called fast food nation a year ago. It wasn't that good as far as entertaining details. I thought the book would be much more explosive than it turned out to be. However, I did stop eating all beef that day. It was such a horrible thought to believe that mad cow is most likely already in our beef supply. It scared me to no end. I will not use beef bouillon or any product with beef. I have had lamb since. But mostly free range chicken, buffalo once or twice, and fish. I do not enjoy fish but found snapper is ok. mostly, we eat meat once or twice a week at this point.

http://www.biblestud.../cleanfood.html
The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

#21 2kids4me

2kids4me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 10:38 PM

Scrapie is a fatal, degenerative disease affecting the central nervous system of sheep and goats. It is among a number of diseases classified as transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSE). Infected flocks that contain a high percentage of susceptible animals can experience significant production losses. Over a period of several years the number of infected animals increases, and the age at onset of clinical signs (see photos) decreases making these flocks economically unviable. Animals sold from infected flocks spread scrapie to other flocks.
http://www.aphis.usd.../nahps/scrapie/

http://www.pbs.org/n...curyinfish.html

about mercury in fish, usually tuna and swordfish. Last time I checked, they had fins.

I am only pointing out - that you can find links outlining the danger of pigs, I can do the same for sheep, cattle and fish, vegetables and fruit.
Everything in moderation, wash fruit and veges - and as Ursula pointed out -PEEL the fruit (another thread).

If someone does not want to eat pork - don't. The links (from both of us) offer everyone the chance to form their own opinion.
I merely pointed out that some of the reasons pork is considered "unclean" would apply to cattle and sheep. Cattle graze and forage amongst numerous "cow patties", lick each other til they get hairballs (yes, cattle can get hairballs), eat metal, nails etc (called hardware disease), have as many parasites (including giardia, flukes, roundworms, ringworm, ticks, mange to name a few).
If they detoxify themsleves so well - why do farmers lose cattle to toxins??

Vegetables and fruit routinely get peed on by animals, bugs, worms, birds, rodents.

and no gluten cannot get into the meat of any animal

#22 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:55 AM

There is so much misinformation and outright lies in these links about pork it isn't funny. Eat pork or don't eat pork, but I wouldn't base my decision on the information in these links.

As for gluten, gluten does NOT get into the flesh of animals. That's why no one, not even the ultra-paranoid CSA, considers plain meat a gluten threat. Raw plain meat is gluten-free. Period. We really have enough food challenges to worry about without adding imaginary ones.

richard

#23 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

We raised pigs in a small way for several years.
I have never seen, even the baby pigs eating their own waste. They are very clean animals if they are allowed to be. By that I mean they need their pens cleaned out just like any other animals. The pigs we had would soil only in one corner of their pen and leave the rest clean to play in. We of course kept that corner clean for them.

My grandmother always said that pigs were smart, clean and healthy, given the opportunity to be. I recall reading an article some years ago about current hog raising practices and a hog farmer talked about the challenges of raising hogs, the big one being how sick they get and the need for the antibiotics to treat all their lung problems. Naturally they have lung problems given the way they are treated.

I don't eat commercial meat, I absolutely don't trust the current inspection standards. We have had the mad cow scare here and the U.S. border closed to Canadian beef. I don't know whether you are aware of it but Canada has some very good investigative reporters who have done stories on that and I don't think you hear the same stories we do. I buy organic meat from local producers.
A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#24 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:19 AM

http://www.mercola.c...apr/11/pork.htm

I asked about Dr. Mercola in another post. Many seemed to respect his knowledge. I have here a post from his site *there are many* that condemns pork as unhealthy. If you do not find value in links from religious sites due to a conflict with the religion, perhaps you will find merit in the opinions of a man given credit as a crusader for optimum health.

#25 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:55 AM

I agree with what Shirley said. Pigs are very clean. I spent some time at an organic farm and it was extremely clean as were the animals. The large industrial/commercial farms are where the lack of animal cleanliness begins due to many factors.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

#26 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

Whether or not you believe the outside condition of the animal to be clean, doesn't change the digestive system of the animal. It is true that the food is not digested well enough. It is true that the flesh of the animal contains many toxins and parasites. This is due to the digestive system of the animal. That is real. We all know that these food animals are not kept in pristine nor even clean environments. we do not pamper that which we intend to kill and consume. It is a mass marketing money making business. If you visited a single organic farm, you are not getting a picture of what the living conditions are of the meat from your supermarket. knowing the digestive system of a pig, it is safe to assume, the flesh is contaminated by bacteria, antibiotics, parasites and more..most likely even feces and worse. The pig does have a pus canal of sorts that runs down it's feet despite the claims of th eother poster. It is a sweat gland that also releases pus into the ground on which the pig walks and feeds. So, it is safe to assume that the pig is feeding off of it's own pus as well as it's own feces.
Pigs have been used for decades in our own country to clean sewage, garbage and animal feces from the streeets of large cities at the turn of the century. It was a wildly popular and economical choice for mass cleanups of industiralized growing city streets in New York city and Philidelphia to name a few. This animal was not meant for consumption. It was meant as an environmental cleaning machine. If raised in a pen for later slaughter, you will not find it's instincts suddenly changed. The nature of the animal is to consume never finding satisfaction in it's appitite. It will eat forever adn it's stomach accomodates this neverending need to eat (whatever is laying there) by dumping the food rapidly into it's system. That is why the flesh is contaminiated. It is natureal for this to occur. Maybe it is best not to eat the meat.

The question I have remains desptie the poster who objected to it. Does the protein gluten remain in the flesh of an animal that has a digestive system that pushes the food out rapidly? If bacteria, viruses, antibiotics, and parasites can enter the flesh from a poor digestive system, can a protein? I don't think that's an impossiblity. Has it been looked into? Probably not.

Oh, and I feel the need to put this thought in as well, I am not against the pig as a beautiful animal of the earth. I love all creatures and embrace their existence on our planet. I only wonder if it is safe to eat from a gluten perspective and what I have learned of the digestive system makes me never want to consume it's flesh again.

#27 Michi8

Michi8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

The question I have remains desptie the poster who objected to it. Does the protein gluten remain in the flesh of an animal that has a digestive system that pushes the food out rapidly? If bacteria, viruses, antibiotics, and parasites can enter the flesh from a poor digestive system, can a protein? I don't think that's an impossiblity. Has it been looked into? Probably not.

Oh, and I feel the need to put this thought in as well, I am not against the pig as a beautiful animal of the earth. I love all creatures and embrace their existence on our planet. I only wonder if it is safe to eat from a gluten perspective and what I have learned of the digestive system makes me never want to consume it's flesh again.

IMHO, the links and information posted seem to be of questionable validity and do nothing more than to instill fear about eating pork. As mentioned by other posters, pigs are actually quite clean animals (and do not have pus glands in their legs)...I have no reason to believe pork is unhealthy to eat. AFAIK (and as mentioned earlier) gluten is not found in the meat of any animal.

Michelle

#28 HawkFire

HawkFire

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

IMHO, the links and information posted seem to be of questionable validity and do nothing more than to instill fear about eating pork. As mentioned by other posters, pigs are actually quite clean animals (and do not have pus glands in their legs)...I have no reason to believe pork is unhealthy to eat. AFAIK (and as mentioned earlier) gluten is not found in the meat of any animal.

Michelle

If by "questionable" you mean they came from religious sites, then you're just being predjudiced. You can't dispute the biology of the pigs digestive system or that due to it's digestive system, and because of it's digestive system, it releases more poisons into it's flesh. That's not something you can dispute. Your problem with the whole question is personal, at best. You are offended on behalf of the pig. You cna't dismiss the known digestive system of the animal, what it was used for (a street cleaner) and ignore the fact tht more waste si found in it's *edible* flesh due to it's digestive system.

I know that the likelihood of the flesh being tested for a protein is very slim. But I don't know how small bacteria, viruses, and pesticides are in relation to a protein... so I was wondering if gluten could also be pushed into the flesh as a result of it's digestive system.

Declaring all meats free from gluten doesn't make sense if no one's considered testing the flesh of an animal with a digestive system that prematurely forces the food into storage creating a situation where toxins are then imbedded in the flesh. Why are y ou so adament that no protein (gluten) can possibley be in t he flesh if no test has been done on this animal with a specific digestive system unsimilar to a cow etc.?

Please stop feeling the need to defend the pig as "clean". It has nothing to do wtih the familiar image of a pig laying about in mud. Missing the point after this is just beligerance.

I am editing.. I believe it is safe to assume no tests have been done to see if a pigs digestive system, forces along proteins into the flesh along with bacteria and viruses. Ok. I would say, it remains unproven that th eflesh of a pig is safe to consume due to the FACTS on how a pig digests food. I'm sure that pigs are being fed enormous amounts of gluten grains as they are cheap standard feed for livestock. Lots of corn too, but surely an unnatural amount of gluten grains as well. I am not eating it for oter reasons AS WELL as this concern over gluten remaining in the flesh. and there is too a sweat canal that runs down the back of the back legs adn it is true that it is also a conduit for the release of additonal toxins as well as PUS.

#29 2kids4me

2kids4me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:22 AM

You can't dispute the biology of the pigs digestive system or that due to it's digestive system, and because of it's digestive system, it releases more poisons into it's flesh.

I have seen nothing in the links that shows me how the pigs digestive system is so flawed that it allows toxins into its flesh - in ALL animals - fat is where most toxins concentrate / lead goes to the bone marrow. The pig has the same digestive tract we do - cross sections of the small intestine are like ours. If the pig has so many toxins - how does it stay alive and reproduce? - an animal with all these toxins would be rendered infertile.

it remains unproven that th eflesh of a pig is safe to consume due to the FACTS on how a pig digests food. I'm sure that pigs are being fed enormous amounts of gluten grains as they are cheap standard feed for livestock. Lots of corn too, but surely an unnatural amount of gluten grains as well. I am not eating it for oter reasons AS WELL as this concern over gluten remaining in the flesh. and there is too a sweat canal that runs down the back of the back legs adn it is true that it is also a conduit for the release of additonal toxins as well as PUS.

You are now being beligerant - I could show you anatomy books, and/or an actual post mortem - and there is no pus canal - but I bet you would still believe there is some pus canal down the leg, and there is cover up by vets. I can prove my facts - WHERE can you show me in a book or a site - the location of the canal. I have been involved iwth vet medicine for 20 years - THERE IS NO PUS CANAL

You never even addressed the fact that any animal can have a long list pf parasites, zoonotic diseases OTHER THAN PIGS.

#30 Michi8

Michi8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:35 AM

If by "questionable" you mean they came from religious sites, then you're just being predjudiced. You can't dispute the biology of the pigs digestive system or that due to it's digestive system, and because of it's digestive system, it releases more poisons into it's flesh. That's not something you can dispute. Your problem with the whole question is personal, at best. You are offended on behalf of the pig. You cna't dismiss the known digestive system of the animal, what it was used for (a street cleaner) and ignore the fact tht more waste si found in it's *edible* flesh due to it's digestive system.

I know that the likelihood of the flesh being tested for a protein is very slim. But I don't know how small bacteria, viruses, and pesticides are in relation to a protein... so I was wondering if gluten could also be pushed into the flesh as a result of it's digestive system.

Declaring all meats free from gluten doesn't make sense if no one's considered testing the flesh of an animal with a digestive system that prematurely forces the food into storage creating a situation where toxins are then imbedded in the flesh. Why are y ou so adament that no protein (gluten) can possibley be in t he flesh if no test has been done on this animal with a specific digestive system unsimilar to a cow etc.?

Please stop feeling the need to defend the pig as "clean". It has nothing to do wtih the familiar image of a pig laying about in mud. Missing the point after this is just beligerance.

I am editing.. I believe it is safe to assume no tests have been done to see if a pigs digestive system, forces along proteins into the flesh along with bacteria and viruses. Ok. I would say, it remains unproven that th eflesh of a pig is safe to consume due to the FACTS on how a pig digests food. I'm sure that pigs are being fed enormous amounts of gluten grains as they are cheap standard feed for livestock. Lots of corn too, but surely an unnatural amount of gluten grains as well. I am not eating it for oter reasons AS WELL as this concern over gluten remaining in the flesh. and there is too a sweat canal that runs down the back of the back legs adn it is true that it is also a conduit for the release of additonal toxins as well as PUS.

I say that the information is questionable, because it is not based in scientific fact...and I have not been able to find scientific data to back the claims. It really is a matter of taking what you read with a grain of salt...doesn't matter if it is posted on the internet, and article in the newspaper or written about in a book...just because something has been written down does not mean it is true. I also don't believe everything that Dr. Mercola writes...and am not fond of websites that want you to give up your email address just to read their articles.

There is validity in choosing the source of your meat...perhaps buying from an organic farm is a better choice to avoid meat that has been vaccinated, fed antibiotics, treated inhumanely and less cleanly, etc. There is also validity in choosing not to eat meat. Posting fear-mongering information doesn't help though.

A pig is clean, because it doesn't s*!t where it eats. If it is eating its waste, then there is an issue with the human beings who are taking care of that pig. Again, you can choose to buy from a conscientious producer, or choose not to eat it at all.

Finally, it makes no sense to me that there would be gluten in the meat of a pig anymore than it would be in the meat of a cow.

Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: