This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pork Digestive Systems Of Pigs... Does It Remove Gluten?

HawkFire

CarlaB Enthusiast
If god is so flawless surely he wouldn't send Peter the vision that would so easily be misinterpreted? or perhaps God intended people to make up their own minds?

Or, perhaps he wanted us to reflect on the after-life. We could no more understand the here-after than a baby in the womb could understand what the world is like. Jesus was a teacher, there are probably many lessons in each passage. That's why two different people can read the same thing and have it speak to them in different ways.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
I do not eat fried food anymore and I can't have most meats, yet I am happy for those of you who can.

In addition to gluten, I also cannot have sugar, alcohol or caffeine because of all my meds ... of course, what I'd like is a martini (chocolate or cosmo) or a carmel macchiato! Or ice cream ... yum ... or an iced sugar cookie.

I actually have a FREEZER full of pork! :lol::lol::lol: Hubby went to a meat show yesterday and the sales reps got to take home the meat that the meat processers entered into a contest. It's usually really good stuff. However, I'm trying to stay away from cured stuff for the same reason darlindeb stays away from fried food (that, too).

Why can't eating healthy taste as good as all the bad stuff? :P

Lisa Mentor

We all come from diverse places spiritually. I believe it is a personal issue. And on this forum, I feel that it should remain personal. I, too, have very strong beliefs about religion, but this is not to place for it.

As history reveals, religion can light fires here on celiac.com. Why don't we put this one out. ;)

Jestgar Rising Star
As history reveals, religion can light fires here on celiac.com. Why don't we put this one out. ;)

Can we roast marshmallows on it first?

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

I second the roasting marshmallows idea! I'll bring the sticks!

happygirl Collaborator

Only if we discuss if marshmellows are truly gluten free, analyze the ingredients, talk about the possibility of cross contamination at the marshmellow factory, call the company to confirm, check the food labeling laws, see if the utensils used were new and if gluten could hide in them, talk about wheat in charcoal briskets and debate the possibility of getting sick while grilling, have someone chime in to ask if the marshmellows are safe for other food intolerances (casein, soy, eggs, etc), .....

I'm sure I've forgotten something. But yes, when we are done with that, then I'm sure we could roast the marshmellows. :lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Then we can mourn the loss of "real" graham crackers for making s'mores and tell stories about the good old days when we were young and the world (and our bodies) had no problems whatsoever.

The next day we can follow up by asking each other if anyone had any problems and maybe it was cc and maybe it was a new intolerance for somebody, or maybe it was just the stomach flu.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh!

gfp Enthusiast
We all come from diverse places spiritually. I believe it is a personal issue. And on this forum, I feel that it should remain personal. I, too, have very strong beliefs about religion, but this is not to place for it.

Absolutely and Carla explains WHY so well..

Jesus was a teacher, there are probably many lessons in each passage. That's why two different people can read the same thing and have it speak to them in different ways.

Its one thing to discuss differences in intepretation, its quite another to insist your interpretation is the ONLY one and EVERYONE else must be wrong...

and its not only celiac.com... religion has been lighting fires since before Christianity... since it was first thought of... entirely because of the differences in interpretation of essentially the same good stuff ... and whenever someone claims their interpretation is the only one fires get lit!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

Then we can mourn the loss of "real" graham crackers for making s'mores and tell stories about the good old days when we were young and the world (and our bodies) had no problems whatsoever.

The next day we can follow up by asking each other if anyone had any problems and maybe it was cc and maybe it was a new intolerance for somebody, or maybe it was just the stomach flu.

:lol:

OMG - levity in the pork/religion thread -

Laura - - I make HOMEMADE marshmallows - to die for, kosher, and quite safe! (oh shoot, there's corn syrup - can't please everybody) ;)

Guest WashingtonLady

The Gluten Free Gourmet Bakes Bread has an awesome "the real thing" graham cracker recipe! DOn't give up the dream of a yummy s'mores! Of course, that means you'll have to eat marshmallows....all that nasty whipped white sugar. Ugh. There may be good, organic chocolate, but there is NO SUCH THING as organic marshmallows! :lol:

Guest WashingtonLady

:unsure:

HOLY MOLY (no pun intended)! When I responded to the original "Pork" item on this forum, I had no idea this would happen! I have been asked why I opened this can of worms...[am working on trying to respond to that 1:1, but haven't figured out how yet]. I didn't intend to get people all fired up. I was simply responding to something that piqued my interest and wanted to respond to, so I did--no impulsivity involved, just plain ole wanting to speak up.

Just to add a insy wincy bit of fuel to the fire: I don't know that this ISN'T the forum to discuss personal issues like faith or belief...I mean, if we're free here to discus the most disgusting of body functions, why not something beautiful like faith, as well? Belly of the whale, you know?

Lisa Mentor
:unsure:

HOLY MOLY (no pun intended)! When I responded to the original "Pork" item on this forum, I had no idea this would happen! I have been asked why I opened this can of worms...[am working on trying to respond to that 1:1, but haven't figured out how yet]. I didn't intend to get people all fired up. I was simply responding to something that piqued my interest and wanted to respond to, so I did--no impulsivity involved, just plain ole wanting to speak up.

Just to add a insy wincy bit of fuel to the fire: I don't know that this ISN'T the forum to discuss personal issues like faith or belief...I mean, if we're free here to discus the most disgusting of body functions, why not something beautiful like faith, as well? Belly of the whale, you know?

Happy Birthday, by the way :D

Guest WashingtonLady
Happy Birthday, by the way :D

Thank you! Yay! I'm 40! I'm counting myself as an Official Grown Up now.

I woke up this morning to my daughter (13 years sweet) making me breakfast--gluten-free hot cereal w/ raisins and yogurt! Yum! She had to get up at 5:30 am to do that earlier than me! Such love! The 15 year old lug (man child) even managed to tell me Happy Birthday and give me a hug! Then at work there were balloons, flowers, and a shamrock teddy bear waiting for me on my desk! A great birthday so far!

Michi8 Contributor

Happy Birthday!

Religion is one of those hot button topics. Not everyone views it the same way or shares the same beliefs, so it can cause some unnecessarily heated discussion...and detract from the reason for this board.

Michelle

CarlaB Enthusiast
and whenever someone claims their interpretation is the only one fires get lit!

It's a good thing, or we wouldn't have a fire for our marshmallows!! I wonder what religion the marshmallows are ... Laura, you left that one out!

Jestgar, it's not cc from the marshmallows, it's a "sugar hangover"!!!

Susan, Carla would like your homemade marshmallow recipe!! ;) (continuing in the tradition Jerry started on his thread).

Happy birthday, Lady!! Remember when 40 sounded OLD? Yikes.

Jestgar Rising Star

Oh yes, Jeanna would like your marshmallow recipe as well.

VioletBlue Contributor

Religion can light fires on any board. I should know, I've lit a few in my day. Fortunately for y'all I'm a whole lot more mellow these days :P

violet

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Oh yes, Jeanna would like your marshmallow recipe as well.

Hee-hee :lol: Jestgar has a name (and a very nice name it is too!!)

Jestgar Rising Star

AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!! I've blown my anonymity!!!!

jerseyangel Proficient
Hee-hee :lol: Jestgar has a name (and a very nice name it is too!!)

:D I was thinking the same thing!

And I agree with Nikki (as usual), Jeanna is a lovely name :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

JEANNA...OMG......I THOUGHT ALL THIS TIME JESTAR WAS A MALE...BUT THEN REALIZED LAST WEEK HE WAS JUST A 'TYPING CAT'

LOVE THE AVATAR...JEANNA YOU 'GIRLIE, GIRL'

JUDY

CarlaB Enthusiast
I THOUGHT ALL THIS TIME JESTAR WAS A MALE

:lol::lol:

So, what is Hawkfire?

Lisa Mentor
JEANNA...OMG......I THOUGHT ALL THIS TIME JESTAR WAS A MALE...BUT THEN REALIZED LAST WEEK HE WAS JUST A 'TYPING CAT'

JUDY

Nawl....that femine humor always shone through. :D Glad you're out of the closet Jeanna

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan, Carla would like your homemade marshmallow recipe!! ;) (continuing in the tradition Jerry started on his thread).

Susan will happily provide the marshmallow recipe when she finds the energy (and the recipe :ph34r: ). Perhaps tomorrow, Susan must eat and tidy up and amuse the dingos and then prepare for new Grey's Anatomy tonight. ;)

JUDY

You are just a nut, woman. :P

But yes, 'tis nice that Jeanna has blown her cover and come out!

Archived