This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

For Lynne - Tiredofdoctors

mouse

mouse Enthusiast

i hope you can stick through me using small letters. as some of you know i fractured a bone in my left elbow and i cannot raise that arm to use for typing. i am now a one finger typist.

i am asking for letters from anyone who feels that lynne has helped them with advice, her fantastic humor and even with her compassionateand giving nature. i will use these with my letter to the extreme makeover tv show. i am hoping we can get their attention in the first paragraph.

lynne was a physical therapist that did the needy for free, including foster children, because they fell through the cracks in some medical care. she volunteered at certain charities and made jewelry, floral arrangments and her scrap booking talents were donated for charity auctions.

she got remarried to a wonderful man 3 1/2 years ago. shortly after her wedding, her health started failing. 2 years ago she was told she had to be in a wheelchair full time due to the gluten ataxia. she got a wheelchair a year and a half ago, but it does her no good in the home. she has been told that she can not use a walker because it is not strong enough to support her in the manner she needs to be supported. also if she falls with the walker, her injuries would be greater then they are now.

their home was built in the 50's and has not been updated. it is a very very small home with small doorways that make using a wheelchair an impossibility. she used to love to cook and now she cannot. their tub is the older style with the shower head over it. she cannot use the shower as she cannot close her eyes or she falls. she has to wait until dave gets home from work to take a bath. she cannot get out of the tub without help. i helped her when we were in las vegas and it is like watching someone with severe ceribal palsey. her arms and legs are everywhere. she would love a shower where she could walk into, after she gets out of the wheelchair. sit down and use a lower handheld shower head so she could take a shower in the morning.

she loved to garden and had herbs that she used in her cooking. a couple of raised beds for her herbs and flowers would be great.

a room for her crafts, an accessable laundry room, a kitchen to cook in, a shower that she can use. she does not want a mansion, just a home that she can again feel like she is contributing to this 3 1/2 year marriage. these are things that most of us take for granted.

they do not have the money to move to a handicapped home. nor the money or space to make this home accessable for her. they have been trying to save for a used van that they could attach a ramp to, but not getting far because of the medical bills. they have already spent $7000 on her medicine co-pay and on batteries and a charger for the wheelchair. she has the co-pay on her many monthly visits to doctors. her insurance does not pay for the one and two visits a week to the physical therapist.

no one wants to take her to the doctors because the wheelchair's wheels and batteries have to come off and then everthing must be lifted into the trunk. each wheel weighs 20 pounds. so dave must leave work on a regular basis to get her to the doctor. this is not good for his job security. she would have volunteers' to take her if she just had to be wheeled up a ramp and anchor her in the van. she cannot drive, but others could drive the van.

she falls often and has broken bones and caused severe tissue damage. she fall last week and is seeing the doctor today to find out if she broke a hip and crushed a disc. at this rate she will severly injure herself and be in a nursing home. she is only 44 years old.

lynne and dave have OK'd an extreme makeover. now all we have to is get the network's attention. i have been watching this show and there is no doubt that she qualifies.

so, if anyone feels that they can contribute a letter to go with mine, please PM me and i will give you my email address. i need your letter in an attachment, so i can print it out. do not delete your letter from your computer. in case my limited computer skills prevent me from opening it. then i will give you my address to send the letter to.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jerseyangel Proficient

Armetta,

What a wonderful idea! :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I sent you an email.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I will be working on my letter today! You are truly an amazing friend and wonderful human being!

Hugs!

Karen

mouse Enthusiast

carla, i did not get the email or a PM. could you resend it. thanks.

CarlaB Enthusiast
carla, i did not get the email or a PM. could you resend it. thanks.

I used the email feature on the website, do they have your correct address? I'll try again. If you don't get it, please email me. Thanks.

jenvan Collaborator

Armetta-

You KNOW I will hook you up with a letter. Can you e-mail me your address? I am not getting on here much right now... Thanks !

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouse Enthusiast

i will be bumping this up quite often over the next couple of days.

lynne can't get out of bed and did not see the doctor today. her husband will take her to emergency after work.

jenvan Collaborator
i will be bumping this up quite often over the next couple of days.

lynne can't get out of bed and did not see the doctor today. her husband will take her to emergency after work.

Oh no...I wondered why I hadn't heard from her. Maybe I'll try and give her a call...thanks Armetta.

mouse Enthusiast

bump

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I just e-mailed you my letter, Metta..... Let me know what you think.....

I will try calling her tomorrow, as Frick and Frack are in school tomorrow and I can have a peaceful conversation with her......

Hugs.

Karen

AndreaB Contributor

Armetta,

That is so neat that you want to do this for her. I haven't dealt with Lynne alot but she seems like a real nice person. For those who talk to her let her know we miss her and hope and pray for a quick recovery from her fall.

angel-jd1 Community Regular
i hope you can stick through me using small letters. as some of you know i fractured a bone in my left elbow and i cannot raise that arm to use for typing. i am now a one finger typist.

i am asking for letters from anyone who feels that lynne has helped them with advice, her fantastic humor and even with her compassionateand giving nature. i will use these with my letter to the extreme makeover tv show. i am hoping we can get their attention in the first paragraph.

lynne was a physical therapist that did the needy for free, including foster children, because they fell through the cracks in some medical care. she volunteered at certain charities and made jewelry, floral arrangments and her scrap booking talents were donated for charity auctions.

she got remarried to a wonderful man 3 1/2 years ago. shortly after her wedding, her health started failing. 2 years ago she was told she had to be in a wheelchair full time due to the gluten ataxia. she got a wheelchair a year and a half ago, but it does her no good in the home. she has been told that she can not use a walker because it is not strong enough to support her in the manner she needs to be supported. also if she falls with the walker, her injuries would be greater then they are now.

their home was built in the 50's and has not been updated. it is a very very small home with small doorways that make using a wheelchair an impossibility. she used to love to cook and now she cannot. their tub is the older style with the shower head over it. she cannot use the shower as she cannot close her eyes or she falls. she has to wait until dave gets home from work to take a bath. she cannot get out of the tub without help. i helped her when we were in las vegas and it is like watching someone with severe ceribal palsey. her arms and legs are everywhere. she would love a shower where she could walk into, after she gets out of the wheelchair. sit down and use a lower handheld shower head so she could take a shower in the morning.

she loved to garden and had herbs that she used in her cooking. a couple of raised beds for her herbs and flowers would be great.

a room for her crafts, an accessable laundry room, a kitchen to cook in, a shower that she can use. she does not want a mansion, just a home that she can again feel like she is contributing to this 3 1/2 year marriage. these are things that most of us take for granted.

they do not have the money to move to a handicapped home. nor the money or space to make this home accessable for her. they have been trying to save for a used van that they could attach a ramp to, but not getting far because of the medical bills. they have already spent $7000 on her medicine co-pay and on batteries and a charger for the wheelchair. she has the co-pay on her many monthly visits to doctors. her insurance does not pay for the one and two visits a week to the physical therapist.

no one wants to take her to the doctors because the wheelchair's wheels and batteries have to come off and then everthing must be lifted into the trunk. each wheel weighs 20 pounds. so dave must leave work on a regular basis to get her to the doctor. this is not good for his job security. she would have volunteers' to take her if she just had to be wheeled up a ramp and anchor her in the van. she cannot drive, but others could drive the van.

she falls often and has broken bones and caused severe tissue damage. she fall last week and is seeing the doctor today to find out if she broke a hip and crushed a disc. at this rate she will severly injure herself and be in a nursing home. she is only 44 years old.

lynne and dave have OK'd an extreme makeover. now all we have to is get the network's attention. i have been watching this show and there is no doubt that she qualifies.

so, if anyone feels that they can contribute a letter to go with mine, please PM me and i will give you my email address. i need your letter in an attachment, so i can print it out. do not delete your letter from your computer. in case my limited computer skills prevent me from opening it. then i will give you my address to send the letter to.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

Lynne is an awesome lady. Last year while teaching in a low low income classroom, Lynne donated several items leftover from her practice. She sent my school kids stickers, sunglasses (that I used for their graduation program), bracelets, stampers, and tons of other stuff. She is such a kind and caring individual. I had no idea that her home was not accessable for her chair.

I'd be happy to write a letter, but I have no idea what TO write.........can somebody help me?

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jestgar Rising Star
Lynne is an awesome lady. Last year while teaching in a low low income classroom, Lynne donated several items leftover from her practice. She sent my school kids stickers, sunglasses (that I used for their graduation program), bracelets, stampers, and tons of other stuff. She is such a kind and caring individual.

I would start with that. Add a bit about how/why she did it (did you ask, did you mention it and she responded...) and tell some more about the impact this small gesture by Lynne made on you and your kids.

Lisa Mentor

Metta:

Just PM's you.

Lisa

jerseyangel Proficient

Armetta,

I just emailed you a letter. Let me know if you don't get it.

Lynne is a very sweet woman. She has a kind heart. She is the kind of person that most people strive to be. Last year I was teaching in a low income pre-school program. I was searching for ideas for my students graduation. I had decided upon a song and asked for some help as to where to find some pre-school sized sunglasses for my class to wear.

Lynne sent me an e-mail saying that she knew exactly where to get some. SHE had some to mail to me!! I gratefully accepted her offer. When the box of sunglasses arrived it was more like a care package for my classroom.

The box was full of stickers, bracelets, stick on earrings, glider airplanes, stamps, and numerous other things. This care package came from a wonderful woman with a huge heart!!

Lynne is someone that I have never met in person. I met her on a message board for people with celiac disease, a disease we both share. However, I still feel that I have been touched by her wonderful spirit.

Ok, how does that sound folks??? :)

AndreaB Contributor

Sounds like a good letter to me Jessica.

Lisa Mentor

Jessica, I got teary eyed. Great job.

Jessica, I got teary eyed. Great job.

OK, that seals the deal. I sent it off to Armetta. Metta, hope you get my e-mail if not please let me know.

Lisa Mentor

Metta:

I think that there are alot of us out there that want to do something, but may not have had a personal experience with Lynne. I am kinda lost in that place. I did call Lynne once and was so surpise with her enthusiasm and her energy, but beyond that, I just don't know where to go to be helpful.

If there is a way to make this "wonderful wish" come true, please let us know how be be helpful in making that happen.

Maybe........could we contact Heidi Collins????? Perhaps, lofty, but.......You could send her your letter as well as..

Just thinkin

Guest nini

Oh I definitely want to support this! Lynne is such a wonderful friend!

Metta, I'll be pm'ing you in a minute

mouse Enthusiast

thank you for the wonderful letters i have already received. the personal stories are absolutly great. but, i need many more. hopefully more people will see this over the next couple of days. you are all awesome. thank you for wanting to help.

off to bed.

hugs to you all for caring.

armetta

mouse Enthusiast

lynne has emailed me a list of all that is wrong to her body and also what the doctor said yesterday about her last fall.

i wull post it to this thread as soon as i figure out how to copy from my email and then paste it to here.

this is also a bump.

Turtle Enthusiast

I'll help out with a letter too. Give me a day or so to get it to you! This is a great idea!!! It's so wonderful to see good people still in the world!!!

Archived