Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Stomach Motility/bile In Stomach?

3 posts in this topic

Hi--

My endoscopy yesterday revealed that I had a whole bunch of bile in my tummy. My poking around on the web indicates that it could be more GERD, except coming from lower down.

I'm getting a gastic emptying scan and a upper GI/small bowel xray to see what the heck is going on.

But has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it could be what's currently making me feel like poo.

Thanks again guys!

Allison

Ads by Google:
Hi--

My endoscopy yesterday revealed that I had a whole bunch of bile in my tummy. My poking around on the web indicates that it could be more GERD, except coming from lower down.

I'm getting a gastic emptying scan and a upper GI/small bowel xray to see what the heck is going on.

But has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it could be what's currently making me feel like poo.

Thanks again guys!

Allison

I had bile in my stomach also, but it is because I don't have a gall bladder and the bile, instead of going through the body it was coming back into the stomach causing pain and almost ulcer like feeling in my stomach. I had an EGD done and the doc put me on Reglan, and that helps take the bile out of the stomach so it doesn't sit there and cause problems. You may want to ask about Reglan.

BamBam

Yeah, I was going to suggest gall bladder problems too. Either not having one or one that is nonfunctional. Have you had your gall bladder tested. They do an ultra sound to check for stones (blockage) and something called a hideascan to check for poor ejection factor.

Steve