Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cross-contamination In My Lentils!

8 posts in this topic

As I sorted through the Whole Foods 365 Organic lentils to look for stones etc, I found a grain of something - wheat or barley, it looks like. I debated picking it out and going ahead, but if there's one, there's gotta be more. Sure enough I found more. No notice on the package about shared equipment being a possible source of cross-contamination. Now it makes me wonder about their other products. Nothing like throwing out a brand new package of food. I e-mailed Whole Foods to tell them they need to label their packages better. Just thought I'd let people know in case anyone else has this brand.

Ads by Google:

Oh my gosh, that's crazy, Lpellegr!

Don't throw the food out...take it back for a refund!

Michelle

Don't throw the package out - take it back to Whole Foods and get your $$$ back. They have a satisfaction guaranteed policy. I've taken back several supplements that didn't agree with me and got my money back without any hassle.

That blows, definitely take it back, though, are you sure it wasn't possibly a grain of rice. Some rice types look very similar, though, in any event, there shouldn't be rice in their either(I don't eat Lentil soup, but I didn't think there was rice in it)

I've had bad luck with the 365 Brand from Whole Foods. I've reacted to all that I've tried. One of the things that I reacted to--the almond butter--was tested through the University of Nebraska and showed that it was free of gluten BUT, they (Whole Foods) told me they only test down to 200 PPM.

I stay away from that brand.

I've had bad luck with the 365 Brand from Whole Foods. I've reacted to all that I've tried.

That is very interesting - I had bought some 365 Brand millet and reacted to it - thought I was intolerant of millet, but perhaps it just was contaminated. I still have the package - I think it is time to get my $$ back!

I have seen that too with other brands, and I wonder if it happens at the farm level (during harvesting on shared equiptment)

Sucks.

Sasha