Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Results Of My Family's Cd Bloodwork

9 posts in this topic

Hey All!!!!

Both of my parents have tested negative--because they are disgustingly healthy. :):P Thank God!!! The funny part: after the nurse (the "can't take communion wafers" story telling person from my previous post on this subject) read the results, she said, "How is that possible?" Then my parents had to explain the genetic tendencies, blah blah blah....she is so freaking IGNORANT!!! Oh well, once again, I pray these people will learn...an employee at a convenience store is one thing, but a medical professional? <_< Come on, now!!! :rolleyes:

My older brother's test results haven't come back yet---if he's negative, I'll be amazed--he has too many symptoms as it is.

Ads by Google:

Congrats that your parents are both negative!! Hopefully, your brother will be negative also. My Mom was negative, Dad positive, brother and his children negative. I was really surprised that my brother was not positive because he is a cereal junky, and always has been. One year when we were kids, we gave him some huge serving bowl as a Christmas present for him to use as his cereal bowl. I still can't believe he doesn't have it!! My sister has been difficult about getting tested, so I don't know if she has done it yet. She lives in England and has all sorts of excuses of why it is harder to get tested there.

Lisa in NC

Jill,

Any word about your brother yet?

Gretchen

Gretchen--

No :( I don't know what the hold up is, but whatever lab my GI uses is being molasses lately. It took a week and a half for me, but it's been at least three for my brother's results. I'm worried :(

Thank you for asking, though!!!! :D

Yea, I was thinking it's been quite a while since you mentioned he was tested! Are you sure it's the lab or is it that the doctor hasn't called yet?

Gretchen

I have no clue...this particular lab is slow, and we taught the nurse more about the disease than the doctor did. I just e-mailed my parents and suggested that they "eloquently pester" the lab.

I spoke to my mom today and she said that the results should arrive tomorrow. I certainly hope so :unsure::rolleyes:

Great....obviously, keep us posted :D (no pun intended)

Great....obviously, keep us posted :D (no pun intended)

Hee hehee!

Jill, I'm glad to hear that you might know by tomorrow! Your parents must've put the pressure on :lol:

Gretchen