Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

4 posts in this topic

Dear Friends,

I am new here and hoping someone might help me with a question I have.

Is intolerance to vegetables and fruits also part of Celiac Disease? My horrible symptoms still come if I eat fruits and vegetables (and gluten, of course). So not only do I skip the bread and pasta, I have to skip the veggies, salads, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience?

I'm very much enjoying the entire forum messages and so glad I discovered this place.

Thanks for any help!

Jan Melton

Memphis, TN

Ads by Google:

Welcome, Jan.

No, intolerance to fruits and veggies are not part of celiac. As you are healing, maybe you're just sensitive to raw or lightly cooked veggies. I have to cook mine until they're soft right now. And salads don't agree with me either. Maybe you could try soft fruits (peaches, bananas), and cooked veggies and see how you do.

Maybe you could try something like peeled apples and pears and see how you do.

You may need to go down to a very basic diet for 3 weeks and then start adding in one food a week to see how you do.

Are you sure there isn't any hidden gluten? Have you checked personal care products, etc. Is your household gluten free?

If your intestines are damaged, you are more likely to have a hard time eating food. My son would vomit carrots cooked or not every time. Two years gluten free and he can eat them no problems.

I would double check all personal products especially toothpaste and lipgloss.

L.