2 replies to this topic

#1 mamazoocrew

mamazoocrew

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

My daughter and I are still waiting for the results of our celiac panel. I've been low on iron for some time now and have put on weight over the past year and a half. Part of my problem lately has been exhaustion and an almost constant craving for sugar, fruit, etc. Even when I'm not hungry!! I feel as if my body is craving energy and it just sort of manifests itself as sweet cravings. Is it possibe it could be candida? I don't know much about it.

Thanks,

Kristy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:50 AM

It certainly could be candida. I used to eat sweet stuff all the time and now I hate it all because it is way too sweet. I found a great doctor who did a three day stool test which showed I had an overgrowth of candida. She gave me prescription antifungals which didn't help much. My mom thought she had a problem as well and she went on Threelac - natural, you can get in online. After about two months she was all better so I tried the Threelac and got rid of it as well.

It can be tough to find a doctor who believes in/understands candida. I would certainly recommend trying the Threelac. I wouldn't get any of the packages or other stuff they sell with it, the Threelac worked well. If you two split a box you could probably tell if it is working after the first box.

Candida is very common with celiac. Our systems are so messed up that we can't keep the candida in check.

#3 marciab

marciab

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:44 AM

I was not tested for candida because I heard so many conflicting stories about the tests. But since I had symptoms, I treated it anyway and still do just to be sure.

I just drink plain Kefir and pau d'arco tea regularly and limit my carbs. So far so good. Marcia
Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)
August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...
July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)
Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)
September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: