Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Candida Question

3 posts in this topic

My daughter and I are still waiting for the results of our celiac panel. I've been low on iron for some time now and have put on weight over the past year and a half. Part of my problem lately has been exhaustion and an almost constant craving for sugar, fruit, etc. Even when I'm not hungry!! I feel as if my body is craving energy and it just sort of manifests itself as sweet cravings. Is it possibe it could be candida? I don't know much about it.

Thanks,

Kristy

Ads by Google:

It certainly could be candida. I used to eat sweet stuff all the time and now I hate it all because it is way too sweet. I found a great doctor who did a three day stool test which showed I had an overgrowth of candida. She gave me prescription antifungals which didn't help much. My mom thought she had a problem as well and she went on Threelac - natural, you can get in online. After about two months she was all better so I tried the Threelac and got rid of it as well.

It can be tough to find a doctor who believes in/understands candida. I would certainly recommend trying the Threelac. I wouldn't get any of the packages or other stuff they sell with it, the Threelac worked well. If you two split a box you could probably tell if it is working after the first box.

Candida is very common with celiac. Our systems are so messed up that we can't keep the candida in check.

I was not tested for candida because I heard so many conflicting stories about the tests. But since I had symptoms, I treated it anyway and still do just to be sure.

I just drink plain Kefir and pau d'arco tea regularly and limit my carbs. So far so good. Marcia