Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cranberry Juice

12 posts in this topic

does anyone know of a gluten free cranberyy juice. my dr recommended it.

thanks!

Ads by Google:

thanks!

I drink ocean spray cran-raspberry with no problems. It is pretty good and not as tart as just plain cranberry.

Do Ocean Spray® products contain gluten?

The protein gluten found in certain grains (wheat, barley, rye and oats or hybrids of these) is a concern for those with Celiac Disease. Based on documentation from our ingredient suppliers, Ocean Spray beverages and sauces are free from this type of gluten. Craisins® Trail Mixes and Craisins® Chocolate Covered Cranberries may contain gluten. If you have a particularly acute sensitivity to gluten in foods, we suggest you consult your physician for his or her recommendation.

-Jessica

My daughter and I only drink cranberry juice... I have not found one that has gluten in it (we get the 100% juice with no sugar added maybe thats why)

thanks!

I use Cranraisins in chicken salad and broccoli salad with no issue. The Cran-train mix may be a problem.

I have yet to find a true and pure "JUICE" (of any kind: Cranberry, Apple, Orange, tomato, grape) that DOES contain gluten!! Mixes of juice/other stuff (like V8 Splash,etc are more risky, but label-reading usually works ok for those). V8 is also gluten free!

any 100& cranberry juice would work for you.

some company's...Knudsen, after the fall, lakewood, and mountain sun.

i'm sure their are others but these are the ones im aware of

I drink the Ocean Spray Cran-Grape all the time. I'm like a 5 yr. old, I don't really like soda that much and mostly drink either apple juice (I like the Mott's Natural one) or the cran-grape.

Oh also the Nantucket Nectars cranberry juice is really good.

I drink the Ocean Spray Cran-Grape all the time. I'm like a 5 yr. old, I don't really like soda that much and mostly drink either apple juice (I like the Mott's Natural one) or the cran-grape.

Oh also the Nantucket Nectars cranberry juice is really good.

thanks guys! do you guys find it really keeps infections away. i dont like it at all but was told to drink it to keep away infections.

If you don't like the juice, you could take a supplement. I take one cranberry pill a day and I have not had an infection since. It's been at least six years.

If you don't like the juice, you could take a supplement. I take one cranberry pill a day and I have not had an infection since. It's been at least six years.

thats a great idea. what is the pill called?

thats a great idea. what is the pill called?

I'm in Canada, but I'm sure you can find an equivalent brand in the USA. What I take is Jamieson Cranberry Complex 500mg.

Another brand is Swiss Herbal. Whatever brand you can find, make sure you check if it is gluten-free. I bet you could find something at a natural food store, like Whole Foods, possibly. Iget mine at the regular grocery store.

I have yet to find a true and pure "JUICE" (of any kind: Cranberry, Apple, Orange, tomato, grape) that DOES contain gluten!! Mixes of juice/other stuff (like V8 Splash,etc are more risky, but label-reading usually works ok for those). V8 is also gluten free!

Mountain Sun makes pure juices... cranberry, blueberry, etc... but they're so strong they definitely have to be diluted... I buy them in the Nature's Place section of Hannaford's Supermarkets....