Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Shakiness

10 posts in this topic

I've found that I am shakey a lot and then when I eat surgar it goes away almost instantly, I was wondering if there is any disease that is like this maybe related to celiac disease.

Ads by Google:

I don't know, but would that have to do with sugar level and diabetes? I have no idea, but I've never heard of that having a connectoin with Celiac Disease.

I don't know what the correlation here is but I was diagnosed because I told my Doctor about gnawing hunger-like pains that I experienced almost constantly. These pains were relieved with the consumption of sugar. If I did not eat or consume sugar I would eventually get very shaky and weak. For some reason when I told her this she decided that she needed to test for celiac and my blood work came back showing high IGG. I then went gluten-free for a month and felt fantastic. Since then I have been consuming gluten for biopsy reasons. I am meeting with the top celiac GI tomorrow and hopefully will be biopsied next week., I can't wait to be done with this I am so sick of being sick. I smashed up my new car earlier this evening because it affects my vision, particulary depth perception. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this? I would greatly appreciate any input on these areas. Thanks!

Lisa

I don't know if it is related to Celiac or not but I get shaky from time to time too. Normally it is when I haven't eaten in a while or haven't had a lot of sugar. I figure my sugar level in my blood just gets low so I eat some candy or drink some soda and I feel better quickly.

Are you hypoglycemic?

I get shaky too if I haven't eaten. I do know I am VERY sugar sensitive. I can't have too much or not enough.

kvandorselaer hit the report button instead of the add reply button when adding to the thread. This is what was said:

I have the same exact thing.. i get really shaky and then i eat something w/ sugar and it goes away instantly.

My mother has always had to be careful with the amount of sugar in her diet as well. I don't think it is related to Celiac, she doesn't have it, we simply call those times as getting "fuzzy." It is possible we are hypoglycemic, I don't know how that is diagnosed. Our bodies just need to be as balanced as possible.