8 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy71

Cindy71

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:25 AM

Hello all! I am new to this site and to celiac disease. I'm still learning what I can and can't have.
Can someone please let me know what brands are good to buy of ranch salad dressing, cream cheese, sour cream and regular american cheese?
I'm having a hard time adjusting to this and I'm trying hard to go along with the gluten-free diet.
Thank you so much,
Cindy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rattaway

rattaway

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:31 PM

Hi Cindy, we use Litehouse brand Ranch dressing and also Daisy brand sour cream and Kraft cheese. Also, we use velveeta, just in case you wanted to know. Hope this helps. :D Rian

#3 hjkmatthews

hjkmatthews

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:39 PM

Hey there! I am also agreeing with Rian, we use Velveeta all of the time! And litehouse ranch is good, but we use just regular Kraft ranch in case you cant find litehouse. We also use Kraft american cheese slices, as well as some of the shredded cheese. A lot of them are gluten-free, just beware of the mixed ones like the Mexican blend. Also, I am pretty sure that Philadelphia cream cheese is gluten-free. You should double check that one though! Hope this helps! Have you gotten a gluten-free product listing yet? It is a very good source of product and manufacturer information.

#4 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:30 PM

whipped Philadelphia cream cheese is gluten-free, that's what i use all the time and i use kraft cheeses. I use hidden valley ranch
Molly

#5 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:01 PM

Molly-

Hidden valley ranch is not gluten-free, unless they have changed their forumlation in the last year. You might want to call them and double check. I know when I contacted them they said it contained trace amounts of gluten.

Pilly Cream cheese is gluten-free :) :rolleyes:
-Jessica
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#6 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:04 PM

Well I haven't had ranch dressing since I was liek 5 and then they said it was gluten-free so I don't really mind now because I really hated it.
Molly

#7 Guest_barbara3675_*

Guest_barbara3675_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:14 PM

Go to www.napervillegi.org and download their list of everything you can buy. It is 49 pages long and you need acrobat reader which you can download free off the internet, well worth the time it takes. You can take it to the store or the health food store with you for reference. My granddaughter is a celiac patient, diagnosed at the age of one, now she is six and such a healthy little gal. Don't eat Kellogs Sugar Corn Pops, they changed the formula recently and she got VERY sick on them.

#8 Guest_Lindam_*

Guest_Lindam_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:57 AM

I agree with all on the Philadelphia Cream cheese. I love Annies cowgirl ranch dressing. I purchased my at my local grocery store, but I know the Gluten Free Mall sells it. It is not all that much more expensive than the others.

Linda

#9 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:03 AM

I, too, use whipped Philadelphia cream cheese -- since it's made by Kraft, I trust it more than other brands......sticking with Kraft, I use their cheese. I don't eat much salad, so I don't have any dressing suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: