- - - - -

Restraunts In N. Washington

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Libbyk_*

Guest_Libbyk_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:33 PM

Does anybody know of a gluten-free freindly place/s to eat in the Bellingham, WA area? I am going out with my inlaws, and want to keep it simple. Half an hour north or south is fine. (or seattle, for that matter)

thanks
Libby

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 10:06 AM

I just got an e-mail about a gluten-free restaraunt in Edmond's (just north of Seattle) here is the info for it. There was an article about it in the Seattle Times, here is a little exerpt from the article.

"Rarely does it feel so gratifying to recommend a restaurant as it does to recommend Kaili's, a folksy house restaurant in Edmonds so homespun its signs are hand-lettered and so professionally unseasoned you may be half done with your meal before they bring you a fork. So the operation is a mite amateurish. What owner/chef Kaili McIntyre gives her clientele more than makes up for it.

What she gives is simply this: the liberty to eat freely, for those who are wheat-intolerant. McIntyre's food is entirely gluten-free, which (as an increasing number of Americans are becoming grimly aware) is the required regimen for people with celiac disease, a lifelong intolerance to the protein found in wheat. "

Kaili's Restaurant

9711 Firdale Ave., Edmonds; 206-542-1462

American/wheat-free (the article says all the food is gluten-free)

Recommended (this might mean reservations recommended?)

$$

Hours: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays (opens 8 a.m. beginning Feb. 1), 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sundays.

No alcohol / credit cards: MC, V / no smoking / no obstacles to access.

I hope you are able to try it, it sounds like a good choice. I wish I could get one here in central California! B)

God bless,
Mariann :)
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: