Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  




Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:




Ads by Google:






   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Food Poisoning Or Gluten?
0

6 posts in this topic

Thanksgiving I got violently ill. After eating I was vomiting, and then came the D. Errrr. It was aweful. I'm still recovering from the severe dehydration and my brain feels fuzzy. No one else got sick, so I'm wondering if it's just because of the gluten or maybe my food allergies. How do you tell? I've never been THAT sick after being glutened, but you never know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ads by Google:

I don't know your usual symptoms, but it might be something that you can't tell until afterwards. I usually have D for about a week so if it lasted that long I would certainly know it wasn't food poisoning or a 24 hour bug, it would have to be gluten. I also get headaches when glutened, so mine is an all-body experience that is different from a flu.

If no one else got sick, I would think it is something that you personally can't tolerate versus food poisoning. I'm sure that wasn't fun and I hope you feel better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yikes, did you eat any honey baked ham? There is recall on some.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you usually don't have symptoms that violent, I would think that it was probably food poisoning. I had food poisoning a few months ago and it was horrible. I was up all night hugging the toilet. That was probably the sickest I've ever been in my life. It took me about a week to get back to normal after that. I hope you're feeling better soon.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, I think it was food poisoning too. I still feel tired and am only eating jello and bland stuff. I feel really tired and light headed. We had goose for Thanksgiving, because I'm allergic to turkey. I found out, after questioning my husband, that he thawed on our bird in HOT water. UGH! What was he thinking??? I just don't get why it made me sick and not him. Luckily our son didn't eat any.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




What a terrible thing to happen at Thanksgiving. Hope you feel better soon!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
0