This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dr In Cincinnati/n.ky

laryssabeth

laryssabeth Newbie

Can anyone help me find a DR in the Cincinnati/N.KY area that has actually treated patients with Celiac.

I have seen one gastroenterologist that doesn't have any celiac patients.

He could tell by looking at me that I did not have celiac!

Thanks in advance for any help!

laryssabeth

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GEF Explorer

I wish I knew... but, a local Gluten Intolerant / Celiac support group might!

Kim Explorer

For adults, try Dr. Gail Bon Giovanni (or Dr. Michael Kreines). for children, try Dr. Hiuby (pronounced Hibe, not sure on spelling -- affiilated with Children's Hospital).

Also, you can contact the local celiac support group for other suggestions.

Jungle Jim's has a good gluten-free selection and is in the process of building it out and expanding substantially.

Good luck. Kim.

• 13 years later...
pdm1981 Collaborator

Kim, I tried with those two doctors you mentioned and didn't have much luck at all. They are from the Ohio Liver and GI group. The local support group isn't local and the webpage hasn't been updated in 4 years and it seems that nobody with celiac disease wants to talk about things that help out here in Cinciny. I actually posted a similar plea for help some time ago laryssabethI went to the local dietitian that was recommended named Anita Duck but she was no help at all. It was a total waste of money and time in my opinion. She didn't know about cross contamination, parts per million, the different certification organizations and so on. I live in Bellevue, Ky. The so called "local group" that can't be reached actually is in Centerville area almost an hour from me. You both sound local and I'd love to bounce questions off of both of you on things you've tried, successes and failures. What part of town are you two from?

kareng Grand Master
6 hours ago, pdm1981 said:

Kim, I tried with those two doctors you mentioned and didn't have much luck at all. They are from the Ohio Liver and GI group. The local support group isn't local and the webpage hasn't been updated in 4 years and it seems that nobody with celiac disease wants to talk about things that help out here in Cinciny. I actually posted a similar plea for help some time ago laryssabethI went to the local dietitian that was recommended named Anita Duck but she was no help at all. It was a total waste of money and time in my opinion. She didn't know about cross contamination, parts per million, the different certification organizations and so on. I live in Bellevue, Ky. The so called "local group" that can't be reached actually is in Centerville area almost an hour from me. You both sound local and I'd love to bounce questions off of both of you on things you've tried, successes and failures. What part of town are you two from?

These posts are from 2004.

Also - are you saying you have 2 or more profiles?  Message Scott/Admin and he can combine them.

pdm1981 Collaborator

My original email and profile got hacked and I couldn't get into it anymore so I created this one. I noticed that this was 13 yrs old afterwards. Thats what I get for putting up a post at 3am. I was up because I'm having a reaction to something and that's why I got on this site. It's been a long night. I think it is the Skyline canned chili I ate. I wish I had a testing kit because the company will not call or return my emails. They make the claim of gluten-free.

kareng Grand Master
1 minute ago, pdm1981 said:

My original email and profile got hacked and I couldn't get into it anymore so I created this one. I noticed that this was 13 yrs old afterwards. Thats what I get for putting up a post at 3am. I was up because I'm having a reaction to something and that's why I got on this site. It's been a long night. I think it is the Skyline canned chili I ate. I wish I had a testing kit because the company will not call or return my emails. They make the claim of gluten-free.

Are you saying people posted using your profile?  Please report that to Admin.  I haven't heard of anyone wanting to steal someone's profile to post on here.... but I guess it could happen.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pdm1981 Collaborator

Nobody posted anything on my profile that I'm aware of but it wouldn't let me get into it. My email got hacked though right around the same time so I just figured it was connected. I'm not exactly Y2K ready. This is the first computer I ever bought and I still have a flip phone. Maybe it's not connected. Don't really know. 

Archived