1 reply to this topic

#1 jaycee30

jaycee30

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:14 PM

I just posted (and got so many replies....thank you so much) that my blood test resutls were negative and I wondered if my diet might have messed them up.

Well, I went down to the lab and requested a copy of the test results:

ANTI GLIAD IGG : 8.4 (below 25 is negative)
ANTI GLIAD IGA : 36.1 (above 30 to positive)
Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody, IGA: 0.9 (below 7 is negative)

As I said in a previous post, my daily diet just does not contain gluten, due to an egg allergy, I end up avoiding all processed foods, packaged meals, fast food, etc. Diet is meat/chicken/fish, rice or potatoes and veggies and fruit. Twice a month I have a couple slices of pizza. This has been my diet for over a year by the way.

I know two of the three tests are technically negative for Celiac, but I wonder what they would be if I actaully ate bread, pasta, baked goods, etc. ANd how about an intolerance instead of Celiac?

Regardless, I'm cutting out all gluten and am going to take these results to my allergist. Does anyone know of something else that would cause that IGA number to be higher than normal?

The reason I am really trying to get as much info is that the next step for my doc is ANOTHER round of tests.....this is the general practitioner that said my test was negative. I've already had a scope (no biopsy or anything) about 5 years ago, an ultrasound, a hyda scan and a CAT with barium swallow and dye........all perfectly normal. I don't want to keep on with tests if gluten is the issue.

Thanks for your replies
Ttg 0.9 (negative) AGA IGG 8.4 (negative) AGA IGA 36.1 (positive) Finally DX'd gluten intolerant 8/26/04

York Lab food sensitivity test confirmed Gluten intolerant as well as milk, soy, yeast, barley, wheat, tomatos and peppercorn

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GEF

GEF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:27 PM

Your IGA is positive.. and you're on a gluten-free diet! I'm sorry, but if any of the antibodies show up it's worth investigating. Health professionals will not give you a celiac diagnosis (usually) unless your tests point to it 100%... but, it doesn't mean that you're not gluten intolerant... or that celiac won't develop later.

If I were you, I'd find a more supportive doctor.

Gretchen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: