This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need A Little Support

DVK

DVK Apprentice

Hello and I am new to this although as I read many have what I have sysmtoms for. I am not sure what I have although For the past few years I have had stomach issues including mild Lipase level increases. 2 Months ago I woke up with a rapid heart beart and nasea and dry heaving(sorry for being Gross) So the next day I went in and had some blood work done and My lipase was elevated so My doc decided to do a ultra sound, all the test came back normal for my gall bladder and pancreas and so he assumed a light case of pancreatis. So as the next 2 months went on I experinced being tired, irritable, and some stomcah issues, NO DIAHREA, then last week, I went to Dinner and had a true Italian dinner with Lasagna, Bread, Oil, Tomatoes and a few other things, that Night I woke up with the same thing, this time it scared me so I went into the hospital and sat there all night and again my lipase was a little high 450, So they decided to do a Enhanced CT and again everything including my blood results of all panels were normal and the imaging was all normal. So in this qwest of going to the hospital another 3 times for anxiety, waking up in sweats and feeling like a train hit me for about 4 days it started to subside, So I finally found this site and ask my doctor about it, at first he didnt seen to think or believe it and claimed it to be Pancreatis, Although the Bloating, Burping Gas and Contant noises continued, SO for the past 4 days I have enjoyed Arbys, French Dip and salad with Blue Cheese, well, at my follw up I was feeling sick again, so My doctor took my blood to run it for the cealic panel. So Now I wait, I sept off and on today, I have anxiety, feel lightheaded and getting worried, Mainly since I dont know what is going on. :blink: I hope I get threw this and Someone can tell me what it is, cause at this point I am going to Gluten free to try, Today was plain cooked chicken breat, fruit, banana and coffee, with some planters peanuts. THANKS FOR LISTENING

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

welcome to the club... I understand the anxiety... the not knowing... regardless of what your tests say, go ahead and try the diet... now if your Dr. insists on a biopsy you will have to continue consuming gluten until then to have half a chance of it being accurate, but the biopsy can only confirm it, never rule it out. So, your call, you've had your blood drawn, you can wait and see if it shows anything before you decide if you need to biopsy or not, or you can go ahead and get started on the diet and see if it helps. Click on the link in my signature below for my web page, at the bottom of my web page is a link to download the "newbie survival kit" I hope it helps you.

breann6 Contributor

just wanted to say that I experienced many of your symptoms specifically the elevated lipase for no apparent reason, along with the belly pains and other symptoms. I tested positive for celiac by blood and my biopsy was inconclusive- and a waste of time and money.

The diet seems a little daunting at first glance, but remember to stay focused on what you *CAN* have rather than what you can't if you decide to try it, or if you have to go on it. I started to feel better almost immediatly- then had some bad days then its gotten progressivly better and better to now at a bit over a month- i am feeling more energy than i can remember having and can't even tell i have a stomach- its quite, not sore, nothing, thats keeping me positive and compliant with the diet :) I am enjoying more natural foods and lots of fruit and the compliments i am receiveing about how good i look and how healthy and glowing- i look! Those are from people who have no idea that i have celiac disease...

hope you feel better soon and find the answers to your symptoms in your blood test!

~Breann

DVK Apprentice
welcome to the club... I understand the anxiety... the not knowing... regardless of what your tests say, go ahead and try the diet... now if your Dr. insists on a biopsy you will have to continue consuming gluten until then to have half a chance of it being accurate, but the biopsy can only confirm it, never rule it out. So, your call, you've had your blood drawn, you can wait and see if it shows anything before you decide if you need to biopsy or not, or you can go ahead and get started on the diet and see if it helps. Click on the link in my signature below for my web page, at the bottom of my web page is a link to download the "newbie survival kit" I hope it helps you.

Thank you for the reply, every little bit helps. It is so funny how you can think for years that your tired of feeling sick and tired all the time and then all of a suden it crashes on you and its all the symptoms for years add up to the past weeks. I am starting the diet now, however all the weird pain or feeling of tightness in the legs, are a little weird to get use to.

Thank you

DVK

Guest nini

you will probably continue to have weird symptoms as your body is healing... just hang in there, a lot of Dr.s still say that 6 months is sufficient healing time, but average healing time for most of us is about 2 years (or longer) so don't expect instant miracles... (you may have some things improve right away but others may take longer) don't give up.

Archived