This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Christmas Shopping...

KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Anyone have their shopping done yet? I am almost done but am kinda stumped on ideas for my mom and dad...they say they don't want anything and well they are the only 2 left to shop for. Any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BamBam Community Regular
Anyone have their shopping done yet? I am almost done but am kinda stumped on ideas for my mom and dad...they say they don't want anything and well they are the only 2 left to shop for. Any ideas?

How about a nice gift certificate for the place they love to eat dinner at? That would give them a nice evening out sometime when there days are full and hectic.

Bernadette

angst2amity Rookie

My mother is so proud of where she lives, I went to spilsbury.com and had a puzzle made from her street address map. Maybe not for every mom, but it works for mine - maybe yours? I think it was $35.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

If they don't want/need anything how about buying some goats and chickens for a third world family to raise?WorldVision (or similar charity) does that type of thing. Last year, my MIL bought 3 chickens and a goat in our name for a family in Guatemala.

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

K,

have you tried www.personalcreations.com ?

I usually get my mom something from there every year!

Green12 Enthusiast

I am done, yay. I got started early this year and finished up before Thanksgiving!

My parents are hard to buy for too. They don't usually want anything, or they buy everything they want, so it's hard to surprise them with anything. Do your parents like theatre, concerts, anything like that? Tickets to a play, or a musical, the symphony, or a concert coming up in the year is an option.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Parents are always hard to buy for aren't they??

When I asked my Mum + Dad what to get they say 'Oh don't worry about us'( :rolleyes: )

Anyway - I ended up getting them a digital thermometer/barometer (my Mum's obsessed by how cold it is!) and I also got my Mum a new glass vase and Dad some wool socks (well at least he'll get use out of them! :lol: )

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 weeks later...
Carriefaith Enthusiast

How about a board game?

angel-jd1 Community Regular

I went to the mall today.........what a zoo.........tis the season to be jolly lol

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Guhlia Rising Star

I'm finally done shopping, just finished up today... If your parents are hard to buy for, I definitely agree with the idea of giving them a gift certificate. Gift certificates are so nice to receive. Or perhaps they've talked about liking a musician or sporting event... You could get them tickets to a performance... Or, you could just handmake goodies for them like chocolate covered (gluten free) pretzels, brownies, cookies, etc...

Guest cassidy

I like the gift certificate idea as well.

Another thing that works well for parents is any type of pictures of the family. My husband gave his mother a framed copy of her with her two grandchildren (not even our kids) and now everyone in the family has that picture somewhere because it is really great. She was very happy.

I like that puzzle idea. I have never heard of that. I might have to look into it.

Archived