This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Can I Ask A Favor?

jerseyangel

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Everyone,

My sister's husband was diagnosed with neck cancer last Friday. They are in the process now of getting second opinions and trying to come to grips with the whole thing.

Mark is an all-around great guy. He teaches elementary school physical education, coaches high-school baseball (quite successfully) and during the summer, is active in a phys-ed program that he instituted for mentally challenged children.

If you get a minute, could you send a good thought, prayer, or a nod in his direction--anything to get some positive vibes moving his way? They could sure use it right now.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

I am sorry Patti, you know that you can count me in :(

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

My sister's husband was diagnosed with neck cancer last Friday. They are in the process now of getting second opinions and trying to come to grips with the whole thing.

Mark is an all-around great guy. He teaches elementary school physical education, coaches high-school baseball (quite successfully) and during the summer, is active in a phys-ed program that he instituted for mentally challenged children.

If you get a minute, could you send a good thought, prayer, or a nod in his direction--anything to get some positive vibes moving his way? They could sure use it right now.

Oh Patti, I'm so sorry :(

Sending them good vibes across the miles.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

So sorry to hear this. :(

Positive vibes are on the way.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Sending a steady supply of positive vibes their way!

Hugs.

Karen

CarlaB Enthusiast

Sorry to hear this, Patti. Prayers coming your way.

Guhlia Rising Star

Awww... Patti... So sorry to hear about your BIL. I'm sending good thoughts, prayers, nods, and positive vibes in his direction and yours.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

marciab Enthusiast

Patti,

I am sorry to hear about this ... wish him the best from me ... Marcia

If it makes you feel any better, I know a woman who has been through cancer 3 times and is doing great.

Mtndog Collaborator

Patti- I'm so sorry. It's scary.....

Positive thoughts, good vibrations and prayers headed their way 9and some for you too!)

My friend's dad had neck cancer three years ago and is doing great today so there is hope.

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Sending positive thoughts his way and yours.

Green12 Enthusiast

Patti,

I am so sorry to hear this news about your sister's husband. He and your sister, and you too, will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Dear Patti-

So glad you shared this sad news with us.

Absolutly, you can count on me and I'll do all 3 for you and BIL and family

He sounds like a great guy.

judy

Guest nini

you've got it babe...

would he be willing to look into supplementing his conventional treatments with alternative therapies? I know a few people that have successfully survived cancer through a combination of chemo/radiation/surgery, with supplements, herbal remedies, naturopathy, and even energy work like Reiki...

AndreaB Contributor

Patti,

I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. Thoughts and prayers coming your way for his and your family.

dlp252 Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

Just sent up a prayer!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Sorry to hear this. Prayers are on the way. We are here if you need us. *hugs*

lonewolf Collaborator

I added a prayer for Mark too. Elementary PE teachers are special people!

jmengert Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear this.

I just sent a prayer, too, and I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Patti,

I'm sorry about this news. :(

Of course I'll send good vibes and prayers his way.

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm here for you!

I wanted to add that I, too, know someone who had neck cancer and is now doing fine.

rinne Apprentice

Patti, I'm so sorry to hear this and of course send well wishes and prayers for his recovery.

Rebecca47 Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family as well as him. God Bless

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sending lots of positive energy/thoughts for you and your family.

<<HUGS>>

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Patti -- I'm so sorry. I'll be sending good thoughts, prayers, good vibes --- all his way. There's power in numbers!

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Thoughts and prayers sent!

Archived