Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Cake Icing

7 posts in this topic

which mainstream brands of cake icing are gluten-free? i really want some and do not want to make it. i thought i remembered some duncan hines flavors were ok??

thanks for the help.

Ads by Google:

Pillsbury is okay. Betty Crocker is not for sure. Duncan Hines I used to buy but once I found wheat listed in the ingredients so I just didn't bother anylonger. The labels are pretty clear on icings....

I just used Duncan Hines Milk Chocolate frosting and had no problems with it at all.

I use Pillsbury. Duncan Hines used to be ok, but I believe they added malt to it several months back.

I spoke to someone at Duncan Hines very recently and they told me that their frosting is definitely not gluten-free.

Duncan Hines def. is NOT gluten free!!! I got ths reply back from them today. I also got a phone call back from Pillsbury and they said that all of their frostings are gluten free except for Coconut, and Pecan.

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about Pinnacle Foods Corporation

and the products we produce which might be gluten-free. We appreciate

your interest in our company and our products.

At the present time, Vlasic® Pickles, Sauerkraut and Peppers and Log

Cabin® Country Kitchen syrup are gluten-free. The vinegar used in

production of these items is corn-based, rather than wheat-based. Other

items in our product lines (which include Swanson® frozen foods and Open

Pit® barbecue sauces) generally contain wheat-based ingredients in the

form of modified food starches and other thickening agents. The Duncan

Hines Frostings are not gluten free.

While our manufacturing facilities follow generally accepted good

manufacturing practices, we do not have the flexibility of segregating

production lines for the exclusive production of wheat-free items. We

recommend that you review the list of ingredients on the package prior to

purchase to assure that you are meeting your specific dietary needs. Since

we are constantly improving our products, ingredients may change from time

to time.

We appreciate the time you've taken to share your specific concerns with

us, because it helps us to become aware of consumer needs. We hope you

find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Mary Orlando

Consumer Services Representative

Pillsbury is the way to go

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• New Celiac Doctor - Atlanta/Duluth, GA
      I can't help you with finding a new GI, but I can empathize with driving the 400!   I have family in the Northern Atlanta area and visit often.   How horrible that your account was so mis-managed! 
    • New Celiac Doctor - Atlanta/Duluth, GA
      Hello! I have Celiac Disease (confirmed by blood tests and endoscopy done in 2013) and was going to a doctor at Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates until the end of last year (2015) when they started charging me for things that happened in 2013 - two years late. I had since changed insurance and was forced to pay out of pocket for the charges or be sent to collections. All in all, I loved my doctor there, but was very unhappy with the way the billing was managed.  So, I found a new doctor and have seen her once. I like her very much so far, but have recently moved and my home is so far from her office it often takes me 1-2 hours to get there with Atlanta traffic. (Her office is at Emory St. Joseph's hospital.) I should say one of the reasons we moved to Duluth was to get away from Atlanta traffic. I don't want to change practices, but I'm considering it. Does anyone out there live in North Atlanta? Alpharetta, Lawrenceville, Duluth, Suwanee? And have a doctor in the area they would recommend that is NOT associated with Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates? I would rather drive 5 hours to see a doctor than go back to that group, no matter how good the doctors are! Any recommendations are welcome!
    • Sjogren's, Celiac, or both?
      Welcome!  Unfortunately, you would have to go back on gluten to get tested (8 to 12 weeks for the blood test and 2 to 4 weeks for the endoscopy).  Here are the tests: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/ I am sorry that your doctor is so mis-informed! There are over 300 symptoms attributed to celiac disease and some celiacs are considered "silent" with no symptoms at all!  I personally was anemic and had no tummy issues that I was aware of at the time of my diagnosis.   There are other forum members who have Sjogren's who might have some good advice (@Gemini).   I wish you well!  
    • Sjogren's, Celiac, or both?
      Hi! This is my first post here. I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I'm in the diagnostic process for Sjogren's, which my rheumatologist is very sure that I have even though my dryness symptoms are very mild. (I am positive for SSA, the autoantibody associated with Sjogren's.)  The symptoms I initially went to my GP with are: fatigue, hair loss, irregular menstrual cycle (very unusual for me), headaches (migraines, almost daily), elevated temperature, weight loss My GP did not do the blood test for Celiac disease. She opted not to because when she asked me if I had loose stool, I said "No, actually, I've been constipated every day for the last 10 years." She said, "Ok, no Celiac then."  ???????? During the diagnostic process, I also lost a pregnancy.  When I eliminated gluten because of recommendations from the Sjogren's Foundation website, almost all of my symptoms disappeared. I still have the hair loss, but no headaches, fatigue is better, cycle is regular, and I'm back to my normal weight. Even my temperature is closer to my norm. I feel like an entirely new person. I still sometimes have mild dryness symptoms but nothing that would have prompted me to go to the doctor without the other symptoms. Should I make an appointment with my rheumatologist and try to get tested for Celiac disease? Has anyone had a similar experience? And how hard do you think it will be to get tested? (Like most doctors I've worked with, my rheumatologist likes to be the one who makes the suggestions.) Thanks for any input! Kristen
    • frustrated and not feeling well
      Hello, how long did it take to get back up? I quit the pepcid and started iron but the ferritin dropped from 74 in December, to 49 in March and 33 a couple of weeks ago. 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
    • ukuleleerika

Hello! I am new to this Celiac website... Is there anyone out there with Celiac AND extensive food allergies? My allergies include shellfish, dairy, eggs, cantaloupe, kiwi, mango, nuts, oranges, red dye, and more I can't think of. I went to the allergist about a year ago to see why I wasn't feeling well, and once everything was eliminated, I still didn't feel well. We did more testing to find out I had celiac as well as allergies to cattle as well as rye grass (I live on a farm basically). This was back in January 2016. I recently had my endoscopy with the gastroenterologist a week ago. I have no idea what to do or what to eat... So fish and potatoes for me!
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Edav009