#1 mom2jpb

mom2jpb

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:18 AM

Hi, everybody,

Earlier this week I had colonoscopy and endoscopy. My gastroenterologist found a suspicious nodule in my colon, and the results don't look good. Has anyone else had this problem?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AmandaD

AmandaD

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:07 AM

Hi...when I first went to the gastro they were concerned my symptoms were ulcerative colitis or crohn's so they did a sigmoidoscopy. (I ended up having Celiac diagnosed by endoscopy) I was awake for the whole thing and the only thing they found was something called an inflammatory polyp - it looked like a little nodule. They took it off and biopsied, etc...it wasn't a big deal. They biopsy everything just to make sure all is well...I'm sure it will be fine.
Amanda
Positive TTG 9/05
Positive endoscopy 9/05
Doing well with "Sprue"

#3 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

Hi, everybody,

Earlier this week I had colonoscopy and endoscopy. My gastroenterologist found a suspicious nodule in my colon, and the results don't look good. Has anyone else had this problem?

I think nodules are pretty common. I just had my colonoscopy done and he found some nodules. However, I don't know what your doc meant by "suspicious". I'm assuming they did a biopsy. It's probably nothing.

S

#4 zansu

zansu

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:51 AM

At my first colonoscopy they removed 4, and later determined 2 were "pre-cancerous" in other words, if they had not been found and removed, they might have become cancer. This was around 38yo while we were trying to figure out what was wrong. second colonoscopy at 40, found 2, 1 precancerous. third (by which time I was gluten-free), found only 1 small one. supposed to go back in 4 years. (My endos were negative, but he only did one biopsy in the duodenum).

#5 trents

trents

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:28 PM

I had a CT done of the chest and abdomen early in September and then again about a month ago as a follow-up. At the time of the first CT, I was in the process of being dx with pneumonia/plurisy. Anyway, the CT showed a "nodule" in my lung, and a couple in the abdomen. It kind of worried me so my PCP ordered the repeat in November. None of them had grown and one was gone. He explained that these were most likely benign cysts. "You get them on the inside of your body just like you get them on the outside of your body," he said, and "Sometimes with time they become calcified and show up as bright spots on an X-ray or CT scan."

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: