This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Snow, Snow, Snow!

num1habsfan

num1habsfan Rising Star

Yeah guess what, it is snowing YET AGAAINNNN. Since its been around -30 C(-40 or lower with windchill) i guess we should expect snow just to torture is more :lol: he snow we got this week was more that we had all of last year haha. (not kidding you!!). I went HOME home this weekend, and took some new pretty pics...here they are!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2918.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2919.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2922.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2923.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2926.webp

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/num...an/IMG_2927.webp

Let me know what you think :)

~ lisa ~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rebecca47 Contributor

I really like those pictures there georgous. It snows here once in a blue moon lol but it does snow sometimes and its great. Share more sometime they made me smile. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

The pictures are very nice, Lisa. It looks so peaceful there with the sun shining on all of the snow!

Keep warm! :D

Guest Viola

Good pictures Lisa :D I think we have a little more snow than you do, but we don't get the wind and the snow drifts that Sask. gets.

Besides, I know a few farmers back there that's happy to have it on their fields.... :lol:

Hummmmmmm I hate to tell you this, but the BC Lions won the grey cup, and go Canucks go! :lol::lol:

linds Apprentice

the pictures are very nice even though it doesn't seem like that much snow to me. We don't have very much yet which is really starting to anger me since i LOVE snow!!!! and i LOVE winter!! its my favorite time of year and it is driving me nuts that it keeps warming up so what little snow we do get keeps melting. but the snow that we now have i am pretty sure is here to stay which makes me very excited!!!!!!

num1habsfan Rising Star
the pictures are very nice even though it doesn't seem like that much snow to me. We don't have very much yet which is really starting to anger me since i LOVE snow!!!! and i LOVE winter!! its my favorite time of year and it is driving me nuts that it keeps warming up so what little snow we do get keeps melting. but the snow that we now have i am pretty sure is here to stay which makes me very excited!!!!!!

I tried to take a pic of the depth :lol: in that last pic, anyways. thats 2 1/2 feet of snow, maybe closer to 3. pretty much all of it just this week :P

Glad the rest of you guys liked them tho, I <3 taking scenic pics hehe. (thats my secret passion--photography)

~ lisa ~

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Wow! You guys sure got a lot of snow! That's crazy for November.

The weather has been a bit odd this fall in Canada. Vancouver got more snow than usual and cold temperatures, it was super cold here in Alberta, Saskatchewan has obviously been cold and has got lots of snow, and on PEI about 2-3 weeks ago people were golfing, mowing lawns, and doing yard work!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator

Oh... It looks sooo preeeetttyyyy.... :D

I'm in Sacramento. Where we regularly get to 105-110 degrees F in the summer.

December in Sacramento looks pretty much like August in Sacramento. But we have mountains nearby where it snows.

Nancy

linds Apprentice
I tried to take a pic of the depth :lol: in that last pic, anyways. thats 2 1/2 feet of snow, maybe closer to 3. pretty much all of it just this week :P

Glad the rest of you guys liked them tho, I <3 taking scenic pics hehe. (thats my secret passion--photography)

~ lisa ~

I wish we had 2 1/2 feet of snow! That would make me the happiest girl in the world. We usually have tons by now but not this year. :(

Ursa Major Collaborator

Beautiful pictures, Lisa! We had +17 degrees Celsius last week, which was just insane. Today it is -4 degrees, and we have a sprinkling of snow on the ground. We better have a white Christmas this year, last year sucked. The kids didn't even get to go skiing last year and weren't happy about it.

breann6 Contributor

beautiful pics!! i love snow. we don't get snow much here in georgia, and when we do its typically not a whole lot.....i live for the cold days we just sit close to the fireplace and wish hard for the white stuff :)

~breann

mamaw Community Regular

Lisa

I still love that snow whether it on this rant or the other one ----LOVE SNOW

mamaw

num1habsfan Rising Star
Lisa

I still love that snow whether it on this rant or the other one ----LOVE SNOW

mamaw

Yes, I love the snow too. Especially being a tomboy, if I could I'd live in the bush somewhere and only use skidoo to get around anyways (*jealous of my guy friend for living that life* :lol: ). Its snowing kinda again today haha.

Plus frozen snow = road hockey ;)

Just wait til I take pics at new years! hehehe

~ lisa ~

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Very pretty pics!

Mtndog Collaborator

That is so CRAZY cool! I loved the second one especially! You guys already have the equivalent of probably what we get ALL winter. I'm jealous because I LOVE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a little squall Monday morning and I was jigging around doing the happy snow dance!

How far north are you in Sask.?

mamaw Community Regular

Today we finally got our first real snow of the season.....It's about a couple of inches with maybe more thru the night.... I spent most of my day outside.... It is soooo beautiful....... we own 50 acres away from where we live so I started walking only to find some A--hole or several a--holes shot & killed 6 deer on the property & left them lay. My husband & son hunt & are responsible hunters & this find made us all cry.... I don't mind the sport of hunting but just to kill & leave the animal is beyond cruel. We have a program here where food banks feed the hungary & anyone can donate vension meat....so now we have to get rid of 6 wasted deer. We left the property unposted because we know hunting is popular here but next year we will have no trespassing, no hunting & private property signs bordering our property.These deer could have fed so many homeless people, I'm sick...

Sorry for the off of the topic rant.......

mamaw

Lymetoo Contributor

Man, we escaped most of the snow here, but 30 miles away they got a foot of snow. That's more than we got the last two years combined. I'm in Southern Missouri, but we've had winters with 50 inches of snow....so the last two winters were pretty boring!! ;)

Today was SO cold! the daytime high was 25. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow. ... like in the low 40's.

Archived