Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Where To Find Gluten Free Vanilla Extract

11 posts in this topic

My husband was recently diagnosed. For the holidays, I wanted to cook a cake for him, but the recipes say use gluten free vanilla extract. Does anyone know where to find any or what can be a susbstitute?

Ads by Google:
My husband was recently diagnosed. For the holidays, I wanted to cook a cake for him, but the recipes say use gluten free vanilla extract. Does anyone know where to find any or what can be a susbstitute?

Hi and welcome!

I use McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract. :)

McCormick's Vanilla is gluten free.

McCormick's Vanilla is gluten free.

I also have been informed that the worry about Vanilla, is no longer an issue. The alcohol in vanillia is distilled and therefore, a non issue.

As Lisa says, there is not a problem with vanilla. It was once thought that the alcohol used to make the extract might be a gluten source, but we now know that to be false. No worries!

We love McCormick's in our house....

(Many of their seaoning mixes are gluten free, too, by the way! They clearly list any offending ingredients, so if you read carefully, you will learn that many are safe! I have used their taco, enchilada, fajita, etc.)

Yes, I know that was off topic, I apologize. But, just wanted to add :P

We love McCormick's in our house....

(Many of their seaoning mixes are gluten free, too, by the way! They clearly list any offending ingredients, so if you read carefully, you will learn that many are safe! I have used their taco, enchilada, fajita, etc.)

Yes, I know that was off topic, I apologize. But, just wanted to add :P

I still think that this "Vanilla Extract" has gluten in it stems from the "Madagascar Bourbon" name... I think a few people read the Bourbon and thought it was the alcohol that was being used and not the place it came from.

I use both McCormick's Vanilla and Flavorganics Vanilla... Personally I prefer the Flavorganics one, it tastes better and they even lable the bottle gluten-free...

i use Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla. its labeled gluten free also and is the best vanilla i have tasted :) it makes anything yummy :) i can get it at whole foods, kroger and publix here in the area i live in.

~breann

Someone I know came back from a trip outside of the US with a bottle of pure vanilla. I know there's alcohol in it (I could understand that much of the label whihc is not in English). Any concerns with this pure vanilla?