4 replies to this topic

#1 Littlewolf

Littlewolf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

Hi. My BF is a celiac and was dignoised about two years ago though he had it all his life. I have been trying to find out as much as possible about it to help make his life eaiser. He knows what to eat and not to eat but things still happen and mistakes happen.

I know there is no treatment other than a gluten-free diet but surely someone somewhere found someway to help cope with the mistakes. While nothing is proven, does anyone know anything that can ease the pain and help it move through the system faster? He has found a few cups of yerbal mate tea helps to ease some of the symptons. Anyone have any other suggestions?
[FONT=Courier] Like the shirt says: Someone I Care About ha Celiac Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Lindam_*

Guest_Lindam_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:26 AM

Hi Littlewolf,

Everyone experiences different reactions. Mine are vomiting and horrible diarrhea for hours on end. I get severly dehydrated, bad enough that I've ended up in the hospital. What my doctors give me now is anti-nasuea meds, which help on a, almost, daily basis. When I have my reaction, it like the worst case of the flu that you can ever think of, so I try to relax myself with the heating pad on my stomach and then my husband makes me peppermint tea. After all the "activity" I then drink vitamin water to regain my strength. For all of my episodes, I have out of work for a solid week.

So what do I do? I am so careful thank goodness I haven't had one of those experiences in a while. I just say to myself, if I am in doubt do WITHOUT!

I hope this helps you a little. Have a great day!

Linda :)

#3 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:43 AM

Littlewolf:
When I have cramping pains, bloating and gas, drinking lots of strong peppermint tea, doing yoga or pilates positions to 'push the gas through', walking or just drinking lots of warm water helps resolve my painful symptoms. ;) To cope psychologically, doing gluten/casein/soy 'sleuthing' to determine the food culprit for my symptoms really helps me feel more in control of an out of control situation (those awfully painful symptoms). :o Besides just riding out the symptoms as best I can, I want to do whatever I can to prevent a recurrence. So I try to track the ingrediant in whatever I ate which was responsible for my symptoms. <_<
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#4 Littlewolf

Littlewolf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:22 PM

Waya (my BF) gets very bad stomach pains, dizziness, diarrhea and mood swings and tends to have them for a few days at varying degrees. He is very careful about what he eats (even things that say ‘natural flavors’ he will pass up, of course, he’s better at it than me) but a few nights ago some gluten must have gotten into his food when we went out. It was a meal he had ordered before without problems, maybe they changed the recipe, I’m not sure. It’s off the list now. <_<

Maybe I will try to stock up some peppermint tea and give him a heating pad. Being a “normal” person I don’t have to worry about as much as he does, but, I want to try to help him as much as possible. :D
[FONT=Courier] Like the shirt says: Someone I Care About ha Celiac Disease

#5 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:52 PM

Papaya in any form is supposed to help.

richard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users