This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Constipation With Celiac?

Electra

Electra Enthusiast

Ok I go from diareal, to soft mooshy stools, to hard stools, to smooshy stools but feeling constipated, what in the heck is up with me? I have not been gluten free because I have been trying to put tons in my system until I had my tests on Monday, but I was gluten free for a day after my pain so maybe that's where the hard stools came from! Man if I test negative I'm going to scream!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lonewolf Collaborator

I had the same thing for most of my life before going gluten-free. I have never tested positive for Celiac though, so maybe I can't help. (The only Celiac testing my doctor did was after I'd been off wheat and had almost no gluten for almost 10 years - no surprise that everything was normal.) All I know is that everything is running "regular" since I got my diet straightened out, unless I get dehydrated.

kara7 Rookie

I have the same problems. I have not been diagonsied. I am having a colonscopy and upper endoscopy on Thursday to find out what's wrong with me.

Good Luck

Kara

super-sally888 Contributor

Hi,

I alternate between C and D.... C for a few days to a week, then D, then back again. Am not formally diagnosed thought the colonoscopy biospsy found chronic inflammation (dr. didn't check the right things to test for celiac). However, diet seems to be helping some (WHEN I manage to get it right - seem to be doing a pretty good job of getting glutened (or whatever it is that upsets me) at the moment).

Sally

spunky Contributor

I had such a combination, such a weird condition, not really diarrhea, but not really constipation, just very annoying, difficult too-much pooping and lots of discomfort and bad things...I couldn't explain it with existing words, so I re-named it constarrhea...for lack of better description.

I was never diganosed by anyone other than myself, but that constarrhea is about history with me now, in my 10th month of gluten free.

Electra Enthusiast
I had the same thing for most of my life before going gluten-free. I have never tested positive for Celiac though, so maybe I can't help. (The only Celiac testing my doctor did was after I'd been off wheat and had almost no gluten for almost 10 years - no surprise that everything was normal.) All I know is that everything is running "regular" since I got my diet straightened out, unless I get dehydrated.

Thanks everyone for your responses and oh my goodness can I have buddy ;)? Does he have any sister puppies :D ? We are currently thinking about getting a puppy :rolleyes: . What bread is buddy? He's just so darn cute!!

Cynbd Contributor

I definitely go from one extreme to the other. I found the C weeks were better because I wasn't cramping(eesh), but then I knew the D was to follow sooner than later. I would actually have a few normal days in between as I was moving from one to the other. I found adding fiber like Metamucil really helped to regulate me and my extremes were less drastic... although I still rotated.

I am new so I am not sure how it is all going to go down for me in the future--

Cin

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived