This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Against The Grain Gourmet

floridanative

floridanative Community Regular

I got a notice on listserv about this company. There line will be distributed in Atlanta (and East Coast) starting this month (freezer section of health food stores). I have never heard of them and can't find a review on this board about them. They are based in Vermont and make baguettes, pizza shells. bagels and artisan breads in a ded. gluten free facility. Has anyone tried any of their products and if so, are they any good?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

loraleena Contributor

They are based in Brattleboro Vt. I have not tried them yet, but a friend has. She said they were amazing, especially the baguettes. They are made with tapioca flour, eggs, mozzerella and a couple other things. Not good if you are dairy free.

Yea! I eat plenty of dairy but would love to get baguettes locally rather than in TN. The distributor is going to let me know when/where they are in Atlanta area. If you want to find out if they will be coming to a freezer near you, go to www.unfi.com which is United Foods site, which is the distributor. You have to e-mail the person for your region under contact us tab.

dionnek Enthusiast

I'd love to know where to find these - keep us posted if you see them anywhere. Sounds great!

mamaw Community Regular

You can't beat Everybody Eats Baguettes & crusty rolls.... I've tried many including MR.Ritts & haven't found no one to touch the quality or taste...

And a tip from Jmunchkin (Jillian) I'm waiting with drooling mouth for the bagels & muffins from Joan's gluten-free bakes to arrive tommorrow!!!

I'm at a point now that I want the best of the gluten-free world.....for my family.....

mamaw

Personally I'm sick of paying overnight shipping costs to get food that I throw out which has now happened to me more times that I can count. I asked Everybody Eats if they'd bill shipping to my Fedex acct. and they would not so I won't order from them. Every other vendor has done that for me which saves me 40%. The bread from Against the Grain Gourmet has rave reviews even from people who eat gluten so it'll be worth the few weeks wait so I don't pay shipping charges (they won't ship direct to consumers). I do still order Bi-Aglut pasta but at least that can ship ground. Also I got the Gluten Free Oats brand of oats and that was more than worth the shipping..........so great to finally have some hot oatmeal again.

United Foods rep. just got back to me. There is no plan at present to bring this line to Atlanta. They are starting off slowly in the NE - distribution warehouse is in Chesterfield Vermont (I think) but I don't know where they would ship to. You can contact them for stores as stated in my first post above. I'm so bummed.......maybe eventually it will get down here.

Lauren M Explorer
You can't beat Everybody Eats Baguettes & crusty rolls.... I've tried many including MR.Ritts & haven't found no one to touch the quality or taste...

And a tip from Jmunchkin (Jillian) I'm waiting with drooling mouth for the bagels & muffins from Joan's gluten-free bakes to arrive tommorrow!!!

I'm at a point now that I want the best of the gluten-free world.....for my family.....

mamaw

Hey mamaw (and any other Everybody Eats fans out there) -

Last year I ordered a ton of stuff from their during their holiday special sale. I haven't heard anything about it this year, but I have moved since then. Do you know if they're doing that again this year??

TIA!

- Lauren

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mamaw Community Regular

Hi Lauren

I haven't talked with Bruce since early November so I can't say. You can give him an e-mail & ask. I know since the foods are now in many NJ & NY health stores they are quite busy so maybe they will not do that again. I bought a hugh supply when I seen them...

Where did you move to?

I'm really curious about the new one: Against the grain gourmet.. It seems to be another positive food line...But I don't think I will be able to purchase since they do not have any places in Pa yet....I wish I could order directly but that is not possible either..Some of these companies make it a major task to buy their products..I'm used to getting stuck with crazy shipping cost-- I don't like them but if you want it you have to pay the piper,I guess.I have no way to get free shipping.

blessings

mamaw

Kim Explorer

I had the opportunity to try all of the Against the Grain products and they are truly great. I highly recommend you try them when they get to your area.

Kim.

new to LI Newbie

agianst the grain is just as good as every body eats and at half the price. i had them at my local store. unfortunatly they are sold out, but the owner told me they will have a new shipment by the end of the month. i will be storing up for the winter. :D

mamaw Community Regular

wow. that is great that the new kid on the block is wonderful & cheaper then Everybody eats.... I love competition. Now, if only it wouldn't be so hard to get the product.I can't understand why when someone has found a good thing that they want to make it difficult to find or order. I would think they would want all the exposure they could find before someone else comes up with something just as good & makes it easy to obtain. I just don't get that...

Someone will need to start shipping out for all of us to try......

mamaw

loraleena Contributor

For anyone living near Western Mass. Greenfields Market (co-op) has against the grain products. The co-op also makes great gluten free muffins daily. They are in Greenfield Mass.

Archived