This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Product Lists

celiac3270

celiac3270 Collaborator

Response from Edys ice cream.........

August 30, 2004

Dear celiac3270:

Thank you for your email requesting nutritional information on Edy's Grand

Ice Cream.  In an

increasingly health-conscious society, we are always happy to answer your

questions about our

products.

As a general rule, the gluten in any of our ice cream, frozen yogurt or

novelty products is present

only in added bakery products such as cookies or shortcake.  In most cases

the ice cream itself

contains no gluten.  The modified food starch that you may find listed in

the ingredients is

derived from a vegetable source and is, therefore, gluten-free.  In

addition, all of our Whole

Fruit-Fruit Bars are gluten-free.

A complete list of gluten free products is conveniently located on our

website.  Please log on to

www.edys.com, click on to Flavor Finder, click on to gluten free, and then

click on to the words

Find it.  We hope that this information will be helpful to you.  Please feel

free to call our toll-free

number should you need any further information.  Our representatives will be

happy to help you.

We value our consumers and hope you will continue to enjoy our products.

Please watch your

mail for money saving coupons from Edy's Grand Ice Cream.

Sincerely,

LuAnne Vecchione

Consumer Response Representative

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dkmb Newbie

I contacted Yoplait by e-mail because of the reply that celiac3270 got and I am a big user of their products. This is the reply I received today.

It is very different from the one celiac3270 got. I also suggested they put a notice somewhere on their website regarding gluten in their products

DK

Thank you for contacting Yoplait regarding gluten in Yoplait products.

At this time our yogurt is gluten free, but we believe it is always best to refer to the specific ingredients listed on each product package.

However, we do understand that ingredients can be confusing, so we want to assure you if the ingredient label does not list wheat, barley, rye, oats or other sources of gluten, then the product would be gluten-free. Sources of gluten are listed on the label even if the source of gluten is part of another ingredient (such as flavoring or spice). Because ingredients may vary from one package to another due to product reformulation, you should use the product

celiac3270 Collaborator

Wow..........same guy, too! I couldn't find the list at his "brands" section or whatever.......thanks for posting.

celiac3270 Collaborator

I have yet another reply......this one is from Heniz:

September 1, 2004

Dear celiac3270,

Thank you for your interest in Heinz Products. We certainly understand how difficult it can be to find foods that meet the requirements of a restricted diet.

Following is the gluten-free listing for all of our products, as you requested.  If the product you asked about is not on this list, then it is not considered gluten-free.

HEINZ PRODUCTS:

Ketchup

One Carb Ketchup

No Sodium Added Ketchup

Hot & Spicy Kick'rs

EZ Marinader -- Teriyaki

Distilled White Vinegar

Red Wine Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar (not Heinz Apple Cider FLAVORED Vinegar)

AUNT MILLIE'S PASTA SAUCES

All Aunt Millie's Pasta Sauces

CLASSICO PASTA SAUCES:

All Classico Pasta Sauces

Classico Salad Dressings  (Creamy Caesar & Balsamic Vinaigrette

DELIMEX PRODUCTS:

UPC CODE:      PRODUCT NAME:

1769600012        Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600018        Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600019        Tamales, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken & Cheese

1769600020        Taquitos, 24 ct. Smart & Final Beef

1769600024        Tamales, 6 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600028        Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600029        Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600048        Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600095        Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600096        Taquitos, 12 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600133        Taquitos, 22 ct. Schwan's Beef w/ Salsa

1769600155        Tamales, 15 ct. Costco Beef

1769600159        Tamales, 20 ct. Delimex Beef, Costco

1769600180        Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Beef

1769600186        Taquitos, 60 ct. Sam's Club Beef

1769600189        Taquitos, 60 ct. Delimex Chicken

1769600206        Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Beef

1769600207        Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Chicken & Cheese

1769600214        Taquitos, 25 ct. Delimex 3-Cheese

1769600222        Tamales, 6 ct. Schwan's Beef

1769600481        Taquitos, 36 ct. Delimex Beef (Mexico Import)

1769600500        Taquitos, Delimex Beef / Deli-Pak

1769600505        Taquitos, Mini, 40 ct. Beef, Snacker Tray w/ salsa

1769600554        Tamales, Cheese Deli Bulk Pack

1769600555        Tamales, Chicken Deli Bulk Pack

1769600556        Tamales, Beef Deli Bulk Pack

1769600565        Tamales, 20 ct.Beef, Sams Club

1769600684        Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Beef

1769600685        Taquitos, 66 ct. Costco Chicken

1769601208        Tamales, 2 ct. Trader Joe's Cheese & Green Chiles

ORE-IDA PRODUCTS:

UPC CODE:          PRODUCT NAME:

1312000080        Ore-Ida

dkmb Newbie

celiac3270,

I am wondering if the names on the e-mails from Yoplait and General Mills are just assigned names used during an individual's workshift. That would explain the different replies we got. One person gave a pat answer with no research and the other person took the time to look for the correct answer.

You mentioned you may call them. If you did, I am curious to hear the response.

DK

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah.....I was thinking that with the names........I haven't called them yet, but will let you know when I do

SharonF Contributor

I thought that "caramel color," which I believe I saw in the ingredients list of Yoplait vanilla yogurt, was gluten? Am I mistaken?

(About either caramel color being gluten or yoplait having caramel color, that is.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I don't know if it has caramel color in it.........caramel color can contain gluten, but doesn't always. For example, Coca-cola and Pepsi both have caramel color.....both are gluten-free......it all depends on what the caramel color is derived from.....actually, lemme go check if it has caramel color...........okay: "colored with carmine"......is that caramel color? Anyway, there were other questionable ingreidents, such as the gelatin (derived from corn) and natural flavorings.....

lovegrov Collaborator

Yoplait is without question gluten-free. Caramel color either almost never or never has gluten in the U.S.

richard

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yay! I just got something from Haagen-Dazs in the mail! First off, the typical letter (thank you for sharing your "comments", etc.). However, they also enclosed a list of every single flavor they have (ice cream, sorbet, bars, frozen yogurt, etc.). Anyway, most of the flavors are gluten-free.....except for the ones that have the letter G next to them on the list. My scanner isn't working right now, so I can't scan and e-mail to people who want it...yet.....but I'll type out the list below....it was last updated 7-20-2004........so not too long ago. They list things like....whether it comes in cup-size, quart-size, etc.....but I don't think that's impt....so I'll just write gluten next to it if it contains it.....otherwise, it's gluten-free........please excuse any typos as this is typed out by hand and not copied and pasted from a website:

Haagen-Dazs

Ice Cream

Butter Pecan

Cherry Vanilla

Chocolate

Chocolate Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Peanut Butter

Coffee

Cookie Dough Chip -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Cookies and Cream -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Dulce De Leche

Macadamia Brittle

Mango

Mint Chip

Mocha Almond Fudge

Peaches and Cream

Peanut Butter Fudge Chunk

Pineapple Cocount

Pistachio

Rocky Road

Rum Raisin

Strawberry

Tres Leches -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Vanilla

Vanilla Chocolate Chip

Vanilla Fudge

Vanilla Swiss Almond

White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

Limited Edition

Baileys

Black Walnut

Vanilla Caramel Brownie -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Desserts Extraordinaire

Bananas Foster

Cafe Mocha Frappe

Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate Raspberry Torte -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Creme Brulee

French Vanilla Mousse

Strawberry Cheesecake -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Sorbet

Chocolate

Mango

Orange

Orange Peach

Raspberry

Strawberry

Zesty Lemon

Frozen Yogurt

Chocolate Fudge Brownie -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Coffee

Dulce De Leche

Strawberry

Strawberry Banana

Vanilla

Vanilla Raspberry Swirl

Ice Cream Bars

Chocolate & Dark Chocolate

Coffee & Almond Crunch

Dulce De Leche

Strawberry Cheesecake -- CONTAINS GLUTEN!!!!

Vanilla & Almonds

Vanilla & Dark Chocolate

Vanilla & Milk Chocolate

Vanilla Caramel and Pecans

Sorbet Bars

Chocolate

Raspberry & Vanilla Yogurt

-celiac3270

celiac3270 Collaborator

Also, if anyone wants information to contact Haagen-Dazs:

Open Original Shared Link

800 767-0120

j9n Contributor

Tator tots are not on the list from Ore Ida, I always thought they were gluten-free :(.

I never did hear from Prego.

Archived