This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Christmas

Kaycee

Kaycee Collaborator

Whether you like it or not, Christmas is around the corner. We call it the silly season here in New Zealand, as we all go out and do the shopping etc, and get ready for the summer holidays, it is all rush rush, and then many of us sit down on a hot Christmas Day and eat hot Christmas meals like our ancestors did in England! Then we cannot move for eating too much. I always say, it is going to be different this year, we could have a barbeque, but I never seem to be able to get away from tradition, but this year it most certainly will be a different Christmas!

My favourite Carol is all of them. I just love to sing along at Christmas Carol singing. My favourite is probably Silent Night.

My favourite Christmas song is Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen, it has been out forever, probably from the 60's, so it has been part of my Christmas' for ever!

So my family from now on will be bombarded nicely with Christmas Carols and songs.

I love Christmas and how it brings families together.

Cathy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

My favorite traditional song is Silent Night as well.

My favorite song to sing along to is either Bryan Adams...something about christmas time

or Elton John Step into Christmas.

My fiance is very Christmasy, so he goes all out. I have some spirit but not an over abundance. We are getting a tree this weekend. It is cold enough to be Christmas too, last year it was still in the 50's.

jerseyangel Proficient

It's hard to pick a favorite Christmas song...I love "Angels We Have Heard on High". Really, all of the traditional music. "Little Drummer Boy" is another. Anybody remember "We Need a Little Christmas"?

I also really love to watch "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer"--I've enjoyed that since I was a kid. :D

Mtndog Collaborator

My gosh- That's so funny! I always forget that in the countries below the Equator it's HOT at Christmas!

Let's see....my favorite Christmas songs;

Traditional: The Holly and the Ivy

Song: "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

Silly: "Grandpa's Gonna Sue the Boots off of Santa" (it's a silly retort to "Grandma got Run over by a Reindeer" that my niece listens to)

also, the entire soundtrack to the Nutcracker. I listen to it every day from December 1st on..... :D

I LOVE the holidays!

Guhlia Rising Star

"O Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song. It's such a beautiful song. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. My daughter's favorite is "Jingle Bell Rock".

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

As far as Christmas movies, my favorite is a smokey mountain Christmas with Dolly Pardon, so cute.

I thought I saw Santa Claus is coming to Town is on ABC next Tuesday. I love the Charlie Brown Christmas with the small twig tree.

wonkabar Contributor
Anybody remember "We Need a Little Christmas"?

OMG, yes!! I love the Johnny Mathis Christmas collections. That is my favorite JM christmas tune! I have several of them...this, of course, is the brunt of jokes from my friends! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

Mine . . . "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing".

jenvan Collaborator

Favorite xmas movie: The Christmas Story (You'll shoot your eye out!) -- it is set in Indiana :)

Favorite carol: O Come, O Come Emmanuel

jerseyangel Proficient
OMG, yes!! I love the Johnny Mathis Christmas collections. That is my favorite JM christmas tune! I have several of them...this, of course, is the brunt of jokes from my friends! :lol:

:lol: Cool! That song just makes me happy!

Just thought of my fav Christmas movie--"National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". We watch that every year--and laugh just as much :D

Guest AutumnE

I love christmas time!

Favorite songs are-

O holy night

mary did you know?

Santa Im right here (toby keith)

christmas shoes (makes me bawl anytime I hear it) ("Sir I wanna buy these shoes for my mama" is part of the lyrics)

what if jesus came back like that - colin raye

Man now I have to dig out my songs tomorrow! ;)

Favorite movies are-

Its a wonderful life

A christmas story ( my 2 year old's favorite also)

Jenvan- they are making the house a tourist attraction as to where you can go

through it!

the one carol I listen to most and not by choice

Elvis's blue christmas album! My mom still listens to him every christmas!

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I love almost all Christmas music, one of my favorites is Garth Brooks singing, "Daddy looks alot like Santa, or Santa looks alot like him".

My all time favorite Christmas movie is "The Night They Saved Christmas" with Jaclyn Smith. It's been out for several years and I just love to watch it. I think Art Carney is Santa in it. It explains how Santa can do so much, makes Santa so possible, which of course, I do believe in Santa!!! It's a beautiful movie.

jennyj Collaborator
"O Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song. It's such a beautiful song. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. My daughter's favorite is "Jingle Bell Rock".

I totally agree. The officer who gave me my drivers test a bizillion years ago sang O Holy Night at a Christmas eve service once and I can still hear his awesome voice.

plantime Contributor

I just love Christmas music! My favorites have to be Christmas Rap by The Waitresses and Last Christmas by Wham.

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!! Ooooohhhhh, that movie so my fave holiday classic, after the cartoons, of course.

corinne Apprentice

Silent Night is my favourite too. My father was born in Salzburg, Austria and my aunt lives about 8 miles from the village of Oberndorf where Silent Night was first played. When I was little, we visited my relatives one Christmas and we went to a Christmas eve program at that tiny chapel.

mom2jpb Newbie
Whether you like it or not, Christmas is around the corner. We call it the silly season here in New Zealand, as we all go out and do the shopping etc, and get ready for the summer holidays, it is all rush rush, and then many of us sit down on a hot Christmas Day and eat hot Christmas meals like our ancestors did in England! Then we cannot move for eating too much. I always say, it is going to be different this year, we could have a barbeque, but I never seem to be able to get away from tradition, but this year it most certainly will be a different Christmas!

My favourite Carol is all of them. I just love to sing along at Christmas Carol singing. My favourite is probably Silent Night.

My favourite Christmas song is Snoopy's Christmas by the Royal Guardsmen, it has been out forever, probably from the 60's, so it has been part of my Christmas' for ever!

So my family from now on will be bombarded nicely with Christmas Carols and songs.

I love Christmas and how it brings families together.

Cathy

Hi, Cathy,

My favorite carol is The First Noel.

My favorite Christmas song is "Celebrate the Child" by Michael Card. Chorus goes:

Celebrate the Child who is the Light

Now the darkness is over

No more wandering in the night

Celebrate the Child who is the Light. ;)

Jestgar Rising Star

I just wanted to say that I am probably the worst neighbor ever. I love all kinds of Christmas music and I listen to it ALL YEAR LONG.....

jerseyangel Proficient

I love Christmas music, too, and don't ever get sick of listening to it.

We used to have a radio station here that began playing Christmas music on November 1st. It was 24-7, and ended December 25th at midnight. I loved it--earlier this year, they changed formats, so no holiday music :angry:

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Favourite songs:

Fairy tale of New York ( The pogues/Kirsty McColl )

The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole )

Favourite movie:

It's a wonderful Life

teebs in WV Apprentice

Silver Bells is my all-time favorite - although there many very close runners-up. I listen to Christmas music beginning on Thanksgiving and don't stop until New Year's Day. We have a local radio station that starts playing Christmas music the Friday after Thanksgiving 24/7 through Christmas. We have another station that plays it all day every weekend between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I love Brad Paisley and bought his new Christmas album. There is a song on there that he wrote when he was a little boy. At the age of 13 he performed this song at Jamboree USA at the Capitol Music Hall in Wheeling, WV. The Jamboree used to be broadcast live every Saturday night on WWVA, but I don't know if they still do this. Anyway, on the album the song begins with the recording of his performance at age 13, and then switches to Brad singing it today. It gives me goosebumps every time - it is a traditional Christmas song about the the birth of Jesus and it so sweet.

Sorry for such a long answer to a simple question!

Tracy

heathen Apprentice

the nat king cole version of "the Christmas song." it's an essential. chestnuts roasting, and all that jazz...

brendygirl Community Regular

Ditto Jenvan. So much for thinking I was atypical in my favorites!

Archived