9 replies to this topic

#1 KrisT

KrisT

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:03 AM

We had to go out twice recently for family birthdays etc. At joe's Crab Shack I asked about the menu and the restaurant manager came to the table to tell me that his wife has Celiac and that I could only eat the steamed crab legs with the butter and nothing else on the menu. I was happy to at least share in the meal and I felt fine afterwards.

We also went to PF Changs... my first time since going gluten-free... and that was a truly wonderful experience! The dessert was to die for!!!!! The chicken was lightly fried in a light batter of potato starch and was some of the best I've ever had. Now I want to find some potato starch so I can make something similar at home. Anyway, it was great to be able to have a night out and not have to worry about the consequences.
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#993399]
1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts
1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill
2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned
2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms
6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis
8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 brendak

brendak

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:03 AM

What dessert did you get at P.F. Changs?

#3 KrisT

KrisT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:43 PM

What dessert did you get at P.F. Changs?

It was the only one listed on the gluten-free menu. I think its called a chocolate dome? Rich chocolate covered in a rasberry sauce. YUM!
[font=Book Antiqua][color=#993399]
1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts
1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill
2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned
2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms
6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis
8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

#4 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:15 PM

At the one in Boston there was no dessert listed, but the waitress told me about the chocolate dome. Oh my god - yum!

#5 t-bone

t-bone

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:26 PM

You can also get gluten free fried rice at PF Chang's even though it's not on the menu (I'm a server at Chang's). Just tell your server you want your fried rice made with the gluten free sauce, if they give you any grief (which they shouldn't unless they're just incredibly bad at their job) then ask to see the manager.

#6 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

You can also get gluten free fried rice at PF Chang's even though it's not on the menu (I'm a server at Chang's). Just tell your server you want your fried rice made with the gluten free sauce, if they give you any grief (which they shouldn't unless they're just incredibly bad at their job) then ask to see the manager.

Cheers to you T-bone, a star amongst us.!!!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#7 brendygirl

brendygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:44 PM

I had a great first experience at PF Chang's in New Orleans on my trip there. They gave me a gluten free menu. I shared the gluten-free lettuce wraps with my nonceliac pal and we both enjoyed that as well as the chocolate dome dessert. My meal was scallops and they were spectacular.
I was SOOO delighted!

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

#8 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:47 PM

If you want to make that cake at home, look for the Emerill's flourless chocolate torte.
L.
Michigan

#9 almostnrn

almostnrn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:47 AM

How funny to find this string...last weekend I was DYING for PF Changs. We ordered the kids some pizza and headed out. I felt like a teenager on her first date. So we get there only to find a 2 1/2 hour wait. Needless to say we ate elsewhere but my craving is still out of control, lol. Reading this just made me even hungrier for it. Maybe I'll make the hubby go out with me again this weekend for lunch!
Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005
Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005
Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

#10 wolfie

wolfie

Kim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:17 PM

How funny to find this string...last weekend I was DYING for PF Changs. We ordered the kids some pizza and headed out. I felt like a teenager on her first date. So we get there only to find a 2 1/2 hour wait. Needless to say we ate elsewhere but my craving is still out of control, lol. Reading this just made me even hungrier for it. Maybe I'll make the hubby go out with me again this weekend for lunch!

Another tip.....our PF Changs take reservations.....maybe they all do! That way you shouldn't have to wait that long. ;) I love the Phillip's Better Lemon Chicken!!!
Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm
but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06
gluten-free since 1/12/06
Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)
Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006
gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)
HLA-DQ2 positive
Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times