Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cheesecake

13 posts in this topic

I am just craving for some cheesecake........ I think that i will go buy some and not use the crust they give you with it. Any suggestions ? I have been wanting it for awhile now..........Thanks :D

Ads by Google:

Someone posted about cheesecake a couple of weeks ago. In response to that post, I mentioned that there is a gluten-free bakery in Philadelphia that makes great cheesecake. They can ship their products, which would be the only option for you. Their URL is:

http://www.mrritts.com/

My only relationship to them is as a customer.

This isn't quite the same, but Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand makes cheesecake filling in a tub. It's not bad, and it's gluten-free.

This isn't quite the same, but Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand makes cheesecake filling in a tub. It's not bad, and it's gluten-free.

I served that for Thanksgiving and topped with home made cranberry sauce. Not, the best, but it's good for a fix.

I made this recipe - it was very good. Not dense, but still yummy and easy to make. I just buttered the pie pan it came right out. I topped it with cherry pie filling (gluten-free). :P

Baked Cheesecake Classic

Prep Time: 25 minutes minutes

Ingredients

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

dash salt

2 eggs

Topping

1 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition.

2. Place crust on baking sheet. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into filling 1 inch from edge comes out clean.

3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

I made this recipe - it was very good. Not dense, but still yummy and easy to make. I just buttered the pie pan it came right out. I topped it with cherry pie filling (gluten-free). :P

Baked Cheesecake Classic

Prep Time: 25 minutes minutes

Ingredients

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

dash salt

2 eggs

Topping

1 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons sugar

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition.

2. Place crust on baking sheet. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into filling 1 inch from edge comes out clean.

3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Thank you, I will try it and I can't wait :D

I served that for Thanksgiving and topped with home made cranberry sauce. Not, the best, but it's good for a fix.

Exactly. A few spoonfuls of that with a little fruit = instant dessert.

for a crust, a lot of times the "recipes" call for crushed up graham crackers (and then you add some butter), etc.

I used gluten free cookies...like midels ginger snaps or pamelas shortbread, and crush them up.

I do the same thing I buy Pamela's shortbread cookies and crush them. i got the recipe from her website. Everybody loved my cheesecake. My family wants me to make it for everyboby's birthday, which is good for me.

At Walmart Super-Centers they have a gluten-free Cheescake single serving in a small box, made by "Missy's" - it is labeled Gluten Free! What it really is, is just regular cheesecake filling without any crust. It is delicious and exactly what you are looking for. They also have a "sugar free" version which my husband (diabetic) says tastes "so-so".....

I ate 4 of the regular gluten-free ones over the past 4 days with no problems.

They were in the front of the store against the deli counter - where you get the gourmet breads, etc.

At Walmart Super-Centers they have a gluten-free Cheescake single serving in a small box, made by "Missy's" - it is labeled Gluten Free! What it really is, is just regular cheesecake filling without any crust. It is delicious and exactly what you are looking for. They also have a "sugar free" version which my husband (diabetic) says tastes "so-so".....

I ate 4 of the regular gluten-free ones over the past 4 days with no problems.

They were in the front of the store against the deli counter - where you get the gourmet breads, etc.

I get the Jello No Bake Cheese cake and just throw away the crust mix. You just add milk. I pour it into the aluminum baking cups (makes about 15) and chill them and then eat out of the cup with a spoon. I also made them for dessert for Thanksgiving dinner and topped them with Cherry Pie filling.

How did you know for sure that the Jello Cheesecake was gluten-free? I love that stuff and had never thought about eating it without the crust. Can't tell you how many of those I made when my boys were growing up and put a can of cherry pie filling on top. Great memories. I also am going to check out the Missy's in the deli section of WalMart.....aren't they great to mark so much of their stuff gluten free???

Barbara

They list the Jello cheesecake ingredients seperate from the crust ingredients. (I also throw out the crust). I get the gluten free graham cracker crust mix and put the jello cheesecake in it. It is yummy!

-Laurie