12 replies to this topic

#1 Rebecca47

Rebecca47

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

I am just craving for some cheesecake........ I think that i will go buy some and not use the crust they give you with it. Any suggestions ? I have been wanting it for awhile now..........Thanks :D
[font=Comic Sans MS]Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006
Blood test, No Biopsy
IgA off the scale 44 now 3
IgG 56
(tTG) IgA 25 now 2
(tTG) IgG 1 now 1
now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007
Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006
As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions
Lactose Intolerence

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 codetalker

codetalker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:26 PM

Someone posted about cheesecake a couple of weeks ago. In response to that post, I mentioned that there is a gluten-free bakery in Philadelphia that makes great cheesecake. They can ship their products, which would be the only option for you. Their URL is:

http://www.mrritts.com/

My only relationship to them is as a customer.

#3 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

This isn't quite the same, but Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand makes cheesecake filling in a tub. It's not bad, and it's gluten-free.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#4 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:59 PM

This isn't quite the same, but Philadelphia Cream Cheese brand makes cheesecake filling in a tub. It's not bad, and it's gluten-free.

I served that for Thanksgiving and topped with home made cranberry sauce. Not, the best, but it's good for a fix.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#5 HollyJoy

HollyJoy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:18 PM

I made this recipe - it was very good. Not dense, but still yummy and easy to make. I just buttered the pie pan it came right out. I topped it with cherry pie filling (gluten-free). :P

Baked Cheesecake Classic
Prep Time: 25 minutes minutes

Ingredients
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
2 eggs

Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition.

2. Place crust on baking sheet. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into filling 1 inch from edge comes out clean.

3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

#6 Rebecca47

Rebecca47

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:45 PM

I made this recipe - it was very good. Not dense, but still yummy and easy to make. I just buttered the pie pan it came right out. I topped it with cherry pie filling (gluten-free). :P

Baked Cheesecake Classic
Prep Time: 25 minutes minutes

Ingredients
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
dash salt
2 eggs

Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
1. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until just combined after each addition.

2. Place crust on baking sheet. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes or until knife inserted into filling 1 inch from edge comes out clean.

3. In small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Thank you, I will try it and I can't wait :D
[font=Comic Sans MS]Diagnosed Celiac Sprue Disease August, 02, 2006
Blood test, No Biopsy
IgA off the scale 44 now 3
IgG 56
(tTG) IgA 25 now 2
(tTG) IgG 1 now 1
now border line low iron 10

Gluten Free since August, 02, 2007
Diagnosed with Osteoporosis November 2006
As of Jan 2007 all numbers looking good

As of Feb 2007 no more Pork, having Allergic reactions
Lactose Intolerence

#7 frenchiemama

frenchiemama

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

I served that for Thanksgiving and topped with home made cranberry sauce. Not, the best, but it's good for a fix.

Exactly. A few spoonfuls of that with a little fruit = instant dessert.

Carolyn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. "
- Hunter S. Thompson

#8 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

for a crust, a lot of times the "recipes" call for crushed up graham crackers (and then you add some butter), etc.

I used gluten free cookies...like midels ginger snaps or pamelas shortbread, and crush them up.

#9 ElovesFC

ElovesFC

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:20 PM

I do the same thing I buy Pamela's shortbread cookies and crush them. i got the recipe from her website. Everybody loved my cheesecake. My family wants me to make it for everyboby's birthday, which is good for me.

#10 Franceen

Franceen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:08 PM

At Walmart Super-Centers they have a gluten-free Cheescake single serving in a small box, made by "Missy's" - it is labeled Gluten Free! What it really is, is just regular cheesecake filling without any crust. It is delicious and exactly what you are looking for. They also have a "sugar free" version which my husband (diabetic) says tastes "so-so".....

I ate 4 of the regular gluten-free ones over the past 4 days with no problems.

They were in the front of the store against the deli counter - where you get the gourmet breads, etc.

Franceen
Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success
Gluten-free since Dec 2005
Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months
No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

#11 tiffjake

tiffjake

Life is good....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:32 PM

At Walmart Super-Centers they have a gluten-free Cheescake single serving in a small box, made by "Missy's" - it is labeled Gluten Free! What it really is, is just regular cheesecake filling without any crust. It is delicious and exactly what you are looking for. They also have a "sugar free" version which my husband (diabetic) says tastes "so-so".....

I ate 4 of the regular gluten-free ones over the past 4 days with no problems.

They were in the front of the store against the deli counter - where you get the gourmet breads, etc.

I get the Jello No Bake Cheese cake and just throw away the crust mix. You just add milk. I pour it into the aluminum baking cups (makes about 15) and chill them and then eat out of the cup with a spoon. I also made them for dessert for Thanksgiving dinner and topped them with Cherry Pie filling.
EnteroLab test positive for gluten intolerence and 2 gluten intolerence and celiac genes
DQ2 and DQ3 sub type DQ7 in December 2005
Gluten-free since Enterolab test, December 2, 2005.

Lame Advertisement Test positive for gluten intolerence in Sept 2005.
THEN found out that my fathers mother had nontropical sprue, she passed away at 40 from (stomach) cancer, had holes in her intestines when they caught it. I had no idea....

#12 barbara3675@verizon.net

barbara3675@verizon.net

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:33 PM

How did you know for sure that the Jello Cheesecake was gluten-free? I love that stuff and had never thought about eating it without the crust. Can't tell you how many of those I made when my boys were growing up and put a can of cherry pie filling on top. Great memories. I also am going to check out the Missy's in the deli section of WalMart.....aren't they great to mark so much of their stuff gluten free???

Barbara

#13 Generic

Generic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 05:12 PM

They list the Jello cheesecake ingredients seperate from the crust ingredients. (I also throw out the crust). I get the gluten free graham cracker crust mix and put the jello cheesecake in it. It is yummy!

-Laurie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: