No replies to this topic

#1 angst2amity

angst2amity

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:48 AM

I have been struggling with very intense recent gluten intolerance and sugar intolerance surrounding chronic fungal non invasive sinusitis. The ENTs say - "I have no idea what you are talking about!" I thought the fungus was feeding on sugar and making me crazy. But the sugar intolerance is just a part of Celiac.

I found this post from 2005, look...

Danna Korn's book ,"Wheat Free, Worry Free". This is what it says:

A disaccharide intolerance is a manifestation of carbohydrate malabsorbtion. Disaccharides are sugars that include lactose (milk sugar), sucrose (well known as table sugard and syrups), and maltose (a near-fully digested sugar from starch, such as bread). The corresponding enzymes lactase, sucrase, and maltase are required for digesting each of these disaccharides/sugars. When these enzymes are absent or lacking, you develop varying degrees of disaccharide intolerance.

The part of the villi in which these enzymes are located influences tolerance of the different disaccharides. Lactase is stored in the tips of the villi, while sucrase is located in the center, and maltase is at the base. The more extensive your villous atrophy, the more likely you are to experience disaccharide intolerance involving all the sugars.

So if I (we) am (are) lucky, then when the gut heals - you should be able to digest fruits properly, and corn, and milk - unless there are other problems.

So the diet for now must be meat, nuts, rice, & non-starch vegetables? Anything else one can eat when all the villi are goooooone?
Chronic Ear Infections
Chronic Tooth/Jaw Infections
Chronic Sinus Infections
Recent Sinus Surgeries
New Migraines
New Occipital Neuralgia
New SUPER HIGH ANA
New Vitamin D deficiency
New High Calcium - hyperparathyroidism?
Recent Sugar & Wheat Intolerance - Facial Flushing and Headache
Lyme Negative
12/06 Tested (-) for Celiac after 2 - 3 months Gluten Free