No replies to this topic

#1 aldociao

aldociao

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 07:02 PM

I've asked my sister to describe the pain she has been experiencing, off and on, for many years, in the hope that some of you might know if it could be celiac related.

She says the pain starts in the left groin and spreads to the right groin, and from there to the back. It feels like menstrual cramps, she says. The pain usually lasts the night and will be gone by morning. Sometimes it will go on for another day or two; there is no fever. Then every other year or so the pain will be in the same locations but the intensity will be far greater and there will be a fever of about 102. This pain and fever usually last several days, only disappearing by taking Cipro. Needless to say, she feels awful during this time. She's been told that these attacks are probably caused by acute diverticulitis. Is this a common, or not so common, symptom of celiac disease? Could it be something else that mimics diverticulitis but is being overlooked by her doctor? (Note: my sister is a bread and pasta person who has had bouts of ill health throughout her life. She is more open to the possibility of celiac disease now that she accepts my own condition as probably celiac disease (I'm self-diagnosed), but she needs more convincing before she will have the testing done.

Thanks,
Aldo

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: