21 replies to this topic

#16 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

No problem :) .......I find that I pick up new or unfamiliar technological things really quickly (I think it's cause I've grown up with it), but my mom has tried to read the message boards at times, is confused how to get around, etc. :D I have tried to show her a bit, but since she doesn't have celiac disease personally and I'm here picking up new things, she has given up and let me do the reading :lol:. Haha......anyway......you're definitely not the only one.....I think I can diagnose her as "message board challenged", as well :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 strack2004

strack2004

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

Hi, celiac3270, I finally got around to checking out your directions for getting all my posts. It worked just fine. Thanks! Ruth
P.S. I am back on track with my celiac diet. Still not seeing much result except for a day, last Tuesday when I went for my cholesterol check very early in the morning without breakfst. Had my breakfast of boiled egg, and a banana in the car and drove to Mankato to shop for shoes to accommodate my sore foot. I had enough food along for lunch, too. That was the most pain-free day I've had so far. Even my foot wasn't very sore. Didn't buy any shoes. On the way home stopped to visit grandson, his wife and my great-grandchild. They had some shoes someone had given them.. Lo and behold! one pair fit me just fine. My foot pain seems to go hand in hand with my tummy distress. I notice a number of people seem to feel that way about their arthritis-like pain. Now I am trying to work out what it was that was so much better. Maybe just getting out of town on my own? Or not eating my usual breakfast? Have to investigate the variables. Thanks again, Ruth. P.S. I hope that you are seeing some breaks in your symptoms at least sometimes. Knowing how long and hard you have been working at this and realizing how much longer my digestive tract has had to get damaged ( if , indeed, mine is celiac), I will keep on trying! R.S.

#18 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:37 PM

I have a question that you may find silly. How long is one a newbie? What makes me a newbie? Is it the amount of questions I ask or answer? Also, how do you put a picture on the left, I see some people have little pictures of things there but I don't know how to do it. Also is it possible to spell check before you post? I am also a newbie with computers!
Thank-you
a little newbie!
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#19 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:21 PM

I have a question that you may find silly. How long is one a newbie? What makes me a newbie? Is it the amount of questions I ask or answer? Also, how do you put a picture on the left, I see some people have little pictures of things there but I don't know how to do it. Also is it possible to spell check before you post? I am also a newbie with computers!
Thank-you
a little newbie!

Hi,
You have a posts number on the left. This number includes all questions you have asked (posts started) or posts you have answered. You are called a "newbie" when you originally come to the board. Once you reach 10 posts, you are a member and 30 posts makes you an advanced member. I just saw that you're at 11 posts, which makes you a member.

There is no spell check feature on this board. If you want spell check, you need to type your post in, for example, a word document or an e-mail, spell check it there, then copy and paste it into a post on this website.

The pictures on the left near your name are avatars. I believe you can have an avatar as early as you want, though I think you need to be an advanced member before you can import your own pictures. In the mean time, you can select from the gallery on the site. You can get an avatar from going to my controls (scroll up a bit to where they show "Logged in as:" and look at the center of the page). Then I think you say "change avatar" and then you look in the "gallery" for one you like and choose it.

As for what makes you a newbie: it's just a feature that sort of divides people into groups...for example, an advanced member has the option to import their own picture......I think you need to be an advanced member to do that.

-celiac3270

#20 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 05:16 PM

I just thought of something else....This is just something general to mention, but I decided to put it here, rather than make a whole new topic:

I had originally heard of a "Help" area, but at first I couldn't find it--then I learned my way around and forgot about it. Anyway, if you have any questions about avatars, posts, etc., the answer might be there:

http://www.glutenfre...ex.php?act=Help

#21 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:32 AM

Are all posts pinned by a moderator, or just posts from Newbies? Some boards I've been on only "hold" your post if you are not logged in when you make the post. I've never seen one that holds all posts to be "pinned" by a moderator.
Also, one of the rules I read was that we are not allowed to promote our own business, etc... is putting my business website and a description of my business as part of my interests on my Personal Profile against the rules? I'm suspecting not since it's still there...
Thanks! :)

#22 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 12:06 PM

Are all posts pinned by a moderator, or just posts from Newbies? Some boards I've been on only "hold" your post if you are not logged in when you make the post. I've never seen one that holds all posts to be "pinned" by a moderator.
Also, one of the rules I read was that we are not allowed to promote our own business, etc... is putting my business website and a description of my business as part of my interests on my Personal Profile against the rules? I'm suspecting not since it's still there...
Thanks! 

Yes, I think it's a unique system here. All posts from newbies, long-time members, and moderators--everybody--need to be pinned. The idea of this is that it shows other moderators that a topic is in the right spot and it's a valid topic (for example, not someone spamming the boards). This way posts aren't checked numerous times.

Also, I think that the rule about promotion of your own business applies only to actual posts. The idea is that we don't want tons of companies (and many do this about products that don't pertain to celiac) spamming the boards with advertisements. Mentioning your own company in your profile is all right, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: