judy05

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 09:53 PM

Hi Deb,

I sort of did the same thing as you. I moved back to my
hometown in Pa after living in Delaware for 30 years.
My kids and my friends are there but I was getting so
sick from the humid summers and living so close to
chicken farms on one end of the state and chemical
plants on the other. I wanted to come back to the
mountains to get healthy again, I suppose that was
selfish of me but my kids can come and visit, just like
I did when my parents were here. I'm glad I did because
I have been here for my mother, she is 94 and not well
so I'm glad I can be there for her.

Congradulations on your move, I hope all goes well for you.
If I ever did decide to move back I would want to be close
to the water, the salty air is very healing and rejuvenating.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:43 AM

;) thank you judy----geez--i grew up on a chicken farm and michigan is very humid--i was asked once how i thought i could live on an island if i couldnt take the humid weather in michigan--but its different here and you are right--the ocean air is very healing and watching the ocean is so soothing--its so majestic and carefree--i walk away feeling comforted--i know i made the right decision and if it was a selfish decision, then it was high time i made a selfish decision for me--i raised my kids pretty much alone and my life was them and finally i have time for me---i never felt good in michigan and i had headaches everyday of my life--the headaches have quit here, i am sleeping nights again, i havent done that in years--i miss my kids and grandkids and the rest of my family and friends, but you are right--they can visit :lol: and what a place to visit--i am truly happy here, happier then i have ever been--it's all good----------deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: