5 replies to this topic

#1 Esther Sparhawk

Esther Sparhawk

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:39 AM

I bought Betty Crocker's decorator candy sprinkles, and I need to know if they're gluten-free. The ingredients are: sugar, cornstarch, confectioner's glaze, red 3, yellow 5, blue 1, yellow 6, red 40, and carnuba wax.

It looks pretty safe to me, but I'm wondering about food colorings. Aren't they usually made with alcohol? And can't alcohol be a grain alcohol?

Mechelle

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:49 AM

I believe that is a Signature Brands product, and if so, they told me that any gluten source would be clearly labeled on the ingredients listing. I uses some of the Betty Crocker colored sugar sprinkles on the sugar cookies I made last night.

#3 Esther Sparhawk

Esther Sparhawk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:21 AM

I believe that is a Signature Brands product, and if so, they told me that any gluten source would be clearly labeled on the ingredients listing. I uses some of the Betty Crocker colored sugar sprinkles on the sugar cookies I made last night.

That's exactly the product I'm using. Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. Now I can add candy sprinkles to my chocolate-covered ener-G gluten-free pretzels... an awesome treat for the holidays! (I'm dipping the pretzels in Hershey's milk chocolate.)
:)
Mechelle

#4 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:23 AM

That's exactly the product I'm using. Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. Now I can add candy sprinkles to my chocolate-covered ener-G gluten-free pretzels... an awesome treat for the holidays! (I'm dipping the pretzels in Hershey's milk chocolate.)
Mechelle

Ooh--that sounds good! :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#5 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 10:35 AM

Mechelle

OOOOOOH YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to do some of those!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Jellieh

Jellieh

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 07:49 PM

Wow...those really do sound tasty!!! I bet my kidos would love them. Im finding so many great ideas here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: