1 reply to this topic

#1 celiacSuzie

celiacSuzie

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

so about a year ago i decided to cut out all processed flour products... bread, pasta, most desserts, etc.
i was on a pretty good exercise regimine too... i was feeling good... even better when i stopped eating processed foods.

so, i noticed within a week i had lost a lot of (water) weight.
no biggie... then after a couple months i had actually lost (fat) weight. of course i felt lots better.

but then i got lazy & that's how that ended. :)

so, about a month ago i decided to experiment.

i've had serious problems for the past few years with my bowels (very loose - multiple times a day!).
it's embarrasing, unnerving and VERY inconvenient.

well i felt constantly bloated & wanted something to lose the weight i felt i was carrying around. i felt heavier than i looked ... perhaps the water.

so i went back on this diet... no processed foods, no flours (except rice or potato) and tried to stay away from as much gluten as possible.

(pardon my ignorance in the differences between wheat flour & gluten... if there is or isnt a difference.)

so, i noticed - again - i lost a lot of water weight initially... and with exercising again i was losing fat weight.

then only after about 3 wks i got lazy & it's super hard to pack a lunch w/variety when you're not used to it. i was tired of apples, oranges, salads and baked potatoes as my breakfasts and lunches.

here's what i'm asking.....
as i dont know & read/hear conflicting stories... or maybe it's individual.

does one w/celiac problems gain or lose weight while ingesting the gluten / flours?

i just thought it odd that i felt bloated when i'd eat a sandwich, but after a couple days of no flour, veg's, fruits, grains, nuts mainly... i felt energized - albeit hungry all the time! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:14 PM

You ask a very difficult question! Some people gain weight, some lose it. Sadly, I gain weight just by looking at food. And it doesn't matter what kind of food, either!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: